thinking of doing a favor for a friend

oh. i need to figure out how to put his signature on them as well. I usually just type my name in mine on each one and add it that way. Don't know how to do a actual signature. i don't even know how to do that. Kinda pondering the location aspect too. And just going old school and doing film, let him sign each one by hand.

Have him sign a white paper with a black Sharpie. Scan the paper and save as a file. Import the image and the signature into your software as 2 layers. On the signature layer, select the white background and convert it to Transparent.

Move the signature where you want it, then merge the two layers. Badda boom!

Tell him you'll give it a go, and if he likes the results he can toss you a couple of pit passes and introduce you around to other drivers!
This or something similar.
You gotta have a go at it.

If you have trouble with the processing I am sure we could all help, I will anyway.
Get the basics right and you will not be far off the mark.

oh. i need to figure out how to put his signature on them as well. I usually just type my name in mine on each one and add it that way. Don't know how to do a actual signature. i don't even know how to do that. Kinda pondering the location aspect too. And just going old school and doing film, let him sign each one by hand.

Have him sign a white paper with a black Sharpie. Scan the paper and save as a file. Import the image and the signature into your software as 2 layers. On the signature layer, select the white background and convert it to Transparent.

Move the signature where you want it, then merge the two layers. Badda boom!

Do that, but just save the signature as a brush, then you can simply stamp it where you want and the size you want. You can do it on a second layer and add layer effects to it as well.

If you don't have a scanner you can just take a pic of it and do the same thing, just save it as a psd.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back