Thinking of selling my photos...

TamiyaGuy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I have recently offered to sell some of my pictures to the RHS garden Hyde Hall, and I was wondering if I could get some tips with regards to pricing.

I recieved an e-mail after my offer saying: "
Generally speaking we take all our photographs in-house – to avoid copyright issues - and because we don’t have a specific budget for external photography.

However, perhaps if you could give me an indication of prices and copyright details I will give it some thought."

I do realise that they probably aren't interested, but I would certainly like to give this a try. I have already came up with the copyright terms I would like, which would give them free use in any books, leaflets, posters, etc, but not allowing them to actually sell the photos on their own. This is mind, what would you say these photos are worth? There are more, but I chose 3 random ones.
1:
soshsn.jpg

2:
2entc38.jpg

3:
28u0i1e.jpg

Just one last thing: I understand these shots are nothing special. I just thought it'd be worth a try. Also, I am from the UK, so I'm not sure if prices should be more, less, or the same as US prices. THANKS!

I have no idea. Prices vary so much in different regions and I'm a continent away from you. I wanted to to say I like them though. Very crisp, clean and bright. I would like a calendar with photos like this. :)

The problem with something like this is everybody and their mother shoots pictures at places like this. Images of flowers are a dime a dozen and there really is nothing in them to identify where they are taken, they could be in your garden for all they know. Besides the three you presented are not technically that great and look snapshotty to me. If you plan to send them some pictures I would forst make some images with a little more context to them as to where they are taken and I would steer clear of close ups of flowers as I think everyone has that kind of image somewhere in there collection and if everyone who did would try to have the garden they took them in buy them they would need a whole new department just to proces these reqests.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back