Third-party battery

quackal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Has anyone used the VipPro extended life battery with their Canon 7D (VipPro LP-E6 Extended Life Lithium Ion Battery Pack) ?

Any down side to using a battery other than the Canon?

Thanks for your feedback!

If the battery has the same specs as the recommended battery, it should work fine.

The only downside is that if something goes wrong with the camera, Canon will blame the
aftermarket battery.

Canon recomends their brand of AA rechargable for my SX130, but since I hve a few
Energizer Rechargables, I have been using those.

I've been using off-brand batteries in my cameras for 5 years now. They cost $12, compared to $60 for the Canon. Plus, they last longer too.

I use off brand batteries too. No problem. Most of them lie about the capacity so a lot dont last as long. I dont care though because they are dirt cheap. I use them with my vertical grip and it lasts me the whole day.

Eh, I guess I'm spoiled... the D7000 gets about 700-1000 shots on one battery so it's rare I have to worry about having more than 2.

I use non OEM batteries in my EOS, it works a charm, and if you have a problem with the camera, don't tell them that you used a non OEM part.

As long as the brand of 3rd party battery is reputable, I believe you should be fine.

Most reactions

Back