Thirsty for Complimentart Colours. Beer shoot

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Another good example of having the color, lighting and blur, everything done in camera. Only bumped saturation/curves.

The setup was incredible, lots of time, I never realized these things are SO reflective had to flag lots of stuff...

Ill try to add some pics of the setup soon..

problem with bottles is, unless your reflector is like 20 feet wide its almost impossible to light them like this without getting a hard-defined stripe somewhere... unless you know secrets

0199B.jpg

I wish,

although that could be done... it involves instead or lighting from the side, more of an overhead bounce and even then I had to trap light away from the neck with another flag of vellum...

If I could only learn how to make the water beads perfect, Id be set...
mineral oil and water helps, but the ones on the neck flatten too quickly.
maybye a colder bottle?

I know if you shoot these a lot its better to buy stick on beads...

but there has to be another way.........

it is, but the edges have some kind of foil reflectiveness in them... the water might also be making it look weird...

I know I should pull out a little more of the white !!

I think I will do this again, but the bottle less wet. maybye ill spray water around the bottle or something like that.

Try mixing a bunch of sugar with some water, and apply it using a spray bottle.

I found this tip in popular photo. mag in an article about shooting flower.

The sugar/water will hold its shape longer.

The lighting has a great shape! Very delicious. Personally the background kills it for me. Somehow that green and yellow are hard to look at. Maybe if it had a sweep or gradient? I would start with a black or white background and progress from there. I would get more creative with the bottle. Staring at the label is distracting.

I promised some of the setup shots earlier....

hbs01.jpg

hbs02.jpg

hbs03.jpg

That's a big ass set-up

Photoshop > any amount of these setups

Lol, just playin' with u, nice job

thanks bolt !!!

Im gonna try that next time !!

Has anyone ever said anything about the colour you chose as your background colour for this shoot (and hey: I do LOVE to look at all your "making of"-photos !!!) ????????

No one?

Tsk!

It is TOTALLY GREEN :shock:

I mean ----------> :lovey:!!!

And hey, I think tonight I'm going to have a beer! Yessssssss!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back