this cant be real

I can remember at least 1 that came up short at Miramar and went across I-15 back when I lived in Coronado, late 70's I guess.

NAS North Island used the east/west runway that is right in line with the Coronado beach all the time when I lived there, mostly S3 Vikings.

yup, its real! there was a pic in popular photography of it a year ago i think. Crazy huh??? its got to be insanely loud on that beach! lol

Check out the location of the San Diego airport and what the approach to the main runway is like. People in downtown high rise buildings look down on landing airplanes as they go by.

Then checkout the approach to the main runway for the North Island Naval Air Station, it's right over the beach in Coronado. Then check out how many times Naval aircraft have landed short approaching Miramar Marine Air Station and wiped out cars on Interstate 15.

yup... I remember when I flew into San Diego for the first time on business i looked out the window and was like "wow, we are REALLY close to that overpass, lol!" kinda scary!!!

Check out the location of the San Diego airport and what the approach to the main runway is like. People in downtown high rise buildings look down on landing airplanes as they go by.

Then checkout the approach to the main runway for the North Island Naval Air Station, it's right over the beach in Coronado. Then check out how many times Naval aircraft have landed short approaching Miramar Marine Air Station and wiped out cars on Interstate 15.

Planes landing in San Diego actually fly 'through' downtown to get to the runway = Spent many evenings at the restrnt/bar on top of the El Cortez Hotel watching the planes land ..... below us.

r

Most reactions

Back