this cool look of this photos is a mystery to me, how do they do that?

agerone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I have to say that i only signed in here first of all because of a question :D

it's been a long time now that i saw photos like this, but i really would like to know how they did it. it has it's really own look and i'm not sure that it is done like that due to photoshop. i think its more due to the camera but how they do that? Hope you can help me, like what camera you think they use, or what techniques are used. its the quality or something that is always the same but i dont understand how he did it :)

afo-by-adelineaffre-01.jpg

vanna-01.jpg

vanna-04.jpg

loutre.jpg

666.jpg

This one looks almost like a tilt shift

and especially this one is a mystery to me:
justedebout.jpg

All Photos ©ILK www.ilkflottante.com

Thank You!

Welcome to the forum.

Are you referring to the Shallow Depth of Field (some things in focus with other areas fading to blur)?

I'm going to go ahead and subscribe to this thread and maybe someone will point out more clearly what the element is that you're asking about, because I'm a little bit lost.

oh ok sorry, i think i haven't explained it very well :)
so, i mean the colours, you know, every photos have more or less the same "colour quality" and the same style of the colours
maybe it is just a postprocessing in photoshop, you know, there are for example filters or actions that do a old picture look and all that.
I would just want to know if someone knows which camera or/and what postprocessing he did to achieve this look on all those photos.

If you look really close to the colours of every photo you should see what i mean :D

If you still don't understand, then just ask me again :D
THANK YOU!

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but I don't see anything so special about the color in these photos. Perhaps a little added saturation but that's about it.

ok i think it is just a matter of postprocessing. so if anybody knows how to fix it like that i would be very thankful if he could explain it in some words
i played along with things like retro , vintage or lomo actions and processes but it never really looked like that.

They all have some vignetting, and they look a little desaturated to me. The blues/cyans look like they might have been bumped a little.

I think what you're seeing is probably mostly the white balance - they all seem to be a little towards the cooler side.

this is a cool answer
thank you! :D

In order to take these photos , they have to use photoshops to make them. I believe that if they use popular cameras, they won't be able to take them. You can see some strange points and lights on the photos. It's their techniques.

Huh?

I don't see anything in these that can't be done with a "popular" camera...

In order to take these photos , they have to use photoshops to make them. I believe that if they use popular cameras, they won't be able to take them. You can see some strange points and lights on the photos. It's their techniques.

What strange points are you referring to? Bokeh? And as for lights; looks like the normal ambient lighting to me. I still can't figure out any special technique that is so special. LoL, I think I'm not staring at the photos long enough :lol:

ok i'll put you out of your misery :p

Its called cross processing.

You need half decent processing software, i only use photoshop, so i can't speak for any of the cheaper alternatives, but it basically involves switching colour channels in the channel mixer. Unless your shooting film of course.

Look up some tutorials via google and you should be sorted.

in the last picture is that guy doing a gang sign? or does he really need to go to the toilet

Most reactions

Back