this forum is................so amazing i just can't stop posting!!!... i love it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. Unfunny jokes. I might have to subscribe.

Oh, and for the Dali/Wally Llama deal, I couldn't remember what the cartoon was called. Once I found out, I came back and edited my thread.

Bump?

What's that??

:D

bump.jpg

:lmao:

Yes. A dip. I think I've been called that before.

I know this thread wasn't pointless. No matter what Jols says!

Why would a native speaker of the English language say she doesn't understand Americanisms, when I use English as a foreign language and understand British speakers, Canadian speakers, American speakers, Australian speakers ... those who use English as lingua franca such as myself ... :scratch:

Truth be told....No language in the world is more bastardized than the English language. Every English speaking country has a diffrent English language with different rules and terms. Even here State side there are atleast twenty different forms of Americanized English. Something said in Maine is going to be dramadically different than a statement with the same meaning said in New Mexico. The fact that there is an ocean between the US and the UK only makes this gap/variation more apparent.

Truth be told....No language in the world is more bastardized than the English language. Every English speaking country has a diffrent English language with different rules and terms. Even here State side there are atleast twenty different forms of Americanized English. Something said in Maine is going to be dramadically different than a statement with the same meaning said in New Mexico. The fact that there is an ocean between the US and the UK only makes this gap/variation more apparent.

Colloquialisms aside, it's pretty easy for one English speaker to understand another.

Of course all Canadians are polar bears... we loose half our weight in the winter and wander the ice fields looking for seals to spear after that. Oh wait....

:lol: (Too much BBC)

This thread? Post 92? Seems to have been right here ... But hey, actually I don't really care ... night-night all. Sleep well.

this was in ref to a joke i did not understand.

and the the comment was in ref to comedy.

some programes the americans love the brits dont understand the homour and some of our programmes and comedys the americans dont like or understand the humour.

and if you didnt care you must of read the thread [the whole thread] to get there.

this was in ref to a joke i did not understand.

and the the comment was in ref to comedy.

some programes the americans love the brits dont understand the homour and some of our programmes and comedys the americans dont like or understand the humour.

well....most of British comedy is aird on public broadcasting stations....no one watches public broadcasting, just can't stand being begged for money when all you want to do is sit down and watch the tele.

What is a public broadcast station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back