This has to be the funniest clause on an insurance policy ever!

ShaCow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shacow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
AHAHAHAAA...

Ive just had my insurance policy come through outlineing the terms & conditions for making claims etc.. and had to share this section with you all.

We do not cover any loss, injury, damage, illness, death, or legal liability, directly or indirectly, caused by, happening through, in consequence of or contributed to by:
a) Avian Influenza or any derivation or vartant thereof;
b) arising from any fear or threat (whether actual or perceived) of such Avian Influenza;
c) any action taking controlling, preventing, suppressing or in any way relating to any outbreak of Avian Influenza.

If we allege that, by reason of this exclusion, any claim is not covered by this insurance the burden of providing the contrary shall be upon the policyholder.

Ya know, soooooo many more people die in a car crash - or even airplane crash - than they do of bird flu. The things people choose to get worked up about ...

i always like the clause on car insurance which states you cannot take part in any racing or pacemaking :D

i like this story, i think i read it on this forum sometime ago

A Charlotte, North Carolina man, having purchased a box of 24 rare and very expensive cigars, insured them against... fire. Within a month, having smoked his entire stockpile of fabulous cigars, and having yet to make a single premium payment on the policy, the man filed a claim against the insurance company.

In his claim, the man stated that he had lost the cigars in "a series of small fires." The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason: that the man had consumed the cigars in a normal fashion. The man sued, and won.

In delivering his ruling, the judge stated that the man held a policy from the company in which it was warranted that the cigars were insurable. The company, in the policy, had also guaranteed that it would insure the cigars against fire, without defining what it considered to be "unacceptable fire," and so, the company was obligated to compensate the insured for his loss. Rather than endure a lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company accepted the judge's ruling and paid the man $15,000 for the rare cigars he had lost in "the fires."

However, shortly after the man cashed his check, the insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of arson. With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case used as evidence against him, the man was convicted of intentionally burning the rare cigars and sentenced to 24 consecutive one-year prison terms.

lol. It is actually insurance for the caravan.:lmao:

Well, that makes sense after all. Many the time I've been driving along a country road and chickens attempted to throw themselves in front of my vehicle. What if the chickens had Avian flu and were attempting suicide? My only recourse in that situation would be to avoid the chance of being smeared with liquified chicken after impact and drive into the ditch.

Clearly the insurers see this as a possibility and the attorneys for said insurers have precluded profiting from this lapse in judgment. So if you purposefully drive into a ditch to avoid flu-ridden, suicidal chickens - or other birds - you are on your own.

Sorry. If I were you I'd carry a shotgun to intercept the trajectory of any intersection-intent chicken.

HAHA, Ive just bought myself a new slingshot so maybe that will come in handy.... We can't just go and buy shotguns here in the uk :(

Most reactions

Back