This...is Charlotte.

MightyLeeMoon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.transmissionfields.com
Memorial Day.

A day for relaxing(waking up without an alarm), recording (finished some vocals for a song on an upcoming CD by 10:00am), and wandering around Charlotte with my trusty Nikon.

Here are some things I saw through the lens:

Heasrt-Building-1.jpg

Building-Puddle.jpg

BofA-Building.jpg

City-Falls.jpg

News.jpg

Wachovia-Building.jpg

By this time I really needed something to eat. I was in one of those hunger fits where you're starved....but you just can't seem to figure out what the hell you want to eat.

So...I drove around just listening to some music until I found something that would hit the spot.

Qdoba was it.

That put me quite a ways from the civilized downtown area. So I turned south and headed out for the rural areas.

This is what I found a matter of minutes from the metropolis that is Charlotte. (Read: Sarcasm)

Horse1.jpg

Stranded-Bikes.jpg

Empty-Seat.jpg

Stranded-Trucks.jpg

Nobody-Home.jpg

you got some really nice shots here and some great colours.

number 4 is my personal fave

Very good shots. Glad to see someone that lives close to me on here.

Now I see: Memorial Day is a day off, after all.

Well, Lee, I really like your "eye" and your penchant for lines and angles!
And you get some lovely colours here!

To name some favourites of the Charlotte-series, I must say 1, clearly my personal "Top of the Pops". Then 2 and 6.

And of your outside-Charlotte-series, I like the desaturation that you decided would work best on the photos 8 and 9, but I also like the overgrown hut. In 8 and 9 I also appreciate your "eye" for the motif and your angles (POV = point of view).

Well, Lee, it seems all of us have different favs, and that only confirms that this is a great series.

I dig the reflections on #6. Neat colors..
I also love the bikecycle shot.. think it was.. yes, #8. Seems well used. :)

Your colors are incredible :mrgreen: I found myself saying "Wow" outloud, now I'm going to be stared at...:meh:

Thanks for all the comments!

This forum has a lot to do with the improved quality of my pics. I bought the camera about 3 weeks ago...found this forum a few days after that...and came here to read and look at photos.

Now I am addicted to both Photography and Music. I get to be a starving artist in two field now.

Mum will be proud. ;-)

I really like 8-11. The more dated subjects appeal to me I guess. I would like to see the outcome if you got a little more abstract with the framing in that series like you did with the first few images.

Wow...you got some great shots. My fave of the lot is number 4 Nice work!!

I love the reflections in #6 and all of the rural shots are beautiful. You've got a unique eye.

Most reactions

Back