This is crazy ...!

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There was a citywide art contest a couple of months ago, and to enter and display your art, you needed a "Vendor" ....... Mine was a Coffee Shop/Bistro on the Main street
in town...... I didnt' win, but got my share of votes..

I took a couple of weeks to travel to San Diego and the surrounding areas to get some new shots, and got a call from the owner of the Bistro while I was down there .... wanting to know if I wanted to be an "Artist of the Month" at her shop. She'd empty her walls, and I can fill her shop with my photos! I jumped on it, and last Friday was an Ad in the local
paper about me including a biography and Artists Statement.... I just put up 21 photos with descriptions and prices, and she put up my name on the large Marquee on the street... "Featured Artist for July is Rick Otto - come in and enjoy the photographs"

Went by this morning and the local TV station was in the parking lot taking film of the Marquee - I went inside later and was advised that the TV station also went into the
shop and took video of all my pictures on the wall, and asked some questions about me..

I just got a call from a friend who knew I was a photographer, but has never had the occasion to see any of my pictures...... she was driving down the street, saw my name, and
went inside .... complimented me on my stuff..

Sorry, but .................. this is just freekin' awesome !

R

Just... Wow. Congratulations on the instant attention! Have fun and document it and keep it going! :D

Are they on your flickr page? Can't get to your neck ofte woods but would still like to see them.

Are they on your flickr page? Can't get to your neck ofte woods but would still like to see them.

I have all my 'stuff' on Flickr, but there's a few less, and far better quality on my other Webpage... ROttoPhotography | SmugMug .... Either one will get you
some of the stuff I do...

Appreciate the interest....

r

That's soo awesome, congrats!!!!

that's really great! i'd love to do something like that at my favorite coffee house, but right now i can't afford to frame them the way they should be framed.

Most reactions

Back