This is not an advertisement

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
More of a suggestion.

If you're a photographer. And you need a website. You should use squarespace.

Discuss.

More of a suggestion.

If you're a photographer. And you need a website. You should use squarespace.

Discuss.

Okay, so what makes Squarespace better than the many other options out there? I really DO need to make a website, and even signed on for a squarespace trial, but never did anything with it. I'm consumed by indecision when it comes to how to start my own website.

It has everything that all the other sites/options have, but it look much better.

And has options like direct connections to mailchimp, stripe (for selling prints directly), it's already formatted for mobile which was a HUGE sell for me. And at any given time you can change the entire look of you site. I get bored really easily myself so this comes in handy.

The pricepoint is also pretty cheap for what it is. A complete online business portal.

I've setup up and used sites on wix, and wordpress, and they're garbage in comparison. With squarespace I could customize it exactly how i wanted with no coding experience necessary. Save some embedding knowledge.

I use squarespace and so far I love it, nice templates that are highly customizable, super easy to manage and work with. Price isn't too shabby either!

Jigsy....offers things that squarespace does not.

It must be one of those things you get Twitted about through FaceSpace or MyBook.

my wife dumped wix for smugmug pro and has been very happy with it.
we havent seen squarespace before.

I really wanted to love Squarespace. I really did. But there was just something missing in it for me.

It's been a while so I don't remember my exact beef with it, but I think it had something to do with the way things were formatting vs. the way I wanted them to format.

And I wanted Wordpress integration for the blog portion, which didn't exist at the time (does it now?).

AND... I like the ability to have multiple domains with my current host. So if I want to split off into brands (which I do plan to do), I don't have to pay extra for hosting.

That being said, for the past week or so, I've been thinking about trying it out again. Because I'm PISSED at my website. :lol:

I love squarespace I do two websites through them.
zakbaker.photo and f64.photo (yes the domain is.photo and not .com)

There are only two things I don't like about squarespace. The free domain name they offer, you cannot get the new domain extensions like .photo or .photography. They also don't let you do video podcasts yet you can do audio podcasts with them.

They are easy to set up, they look great. It automatically does mobile versions of your site (both phone and tablet). When you add pictures it automatically makes multiple sizes of the image so that no mater the device or screen resolution you are on it will pick the best resolution/file size to display, this really helps things load faster on mobile devises that may not be connected to wifi.

Will squarespace handle email hosting?

Im actually not sure. i have separate hosting on bluehost for that and client galleries.

I use facebook like a pro.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back