This is starting to piss me off.....

yeah, I would add an "e-alert" on BH Photo Video if you're looking for hard to find glass, I think the 14-24 f/2.8 is available right now through Amazon and BH, buydig.com, beachcamera.com, etc. . .(cheapest at beachcamera and buydig, plus they are authorized Nikon dealers so you get the 5 year warranty). . . .

Do you guys think it's worth waiting for a VR version of this lens?? Don't think it's really needed at such a wide angle and with the f/2.8, but wanted to see the expert buy in. . .

Scott, did you read my post about the 70-200? Sigma4less not only has no issues with stock, they ship fast and at a reasonable price.

I ordered a week before Christmas and got it BEFORE Christmas!

Today I give it a nice workout at one of my favorite locations for photographing in a relaxing environment. The 18-200 is a good lens (I own that one too). Actually its a superior walkaround lens, but its not in the same class quality-wise. If your heart is set on the 70-200, stick to your guns. :)

Have the sigma 2.8 right now and i want to upgrade to the Nikon VR. Im planning on selling the sigma after i get the Nikon.

yeah, I would add an "e-alert" on BH Photo Video if you're looking for hard to find glass, I think the 14-24 f/2.8 is available right now through Amazon and BH, buydig.com, beachcamera.com, etc. . .(cheapest at beachcamera and buydig, plus they are authorized Nikon dealers so you get the 5 year warranty). . . .

Do you guys think it's worth waiting for a VR version of this lens?? Don't think it's really needed at such a wide angle and with the f/2.8, but wanted to see the expert buy in. . .

Not a huge fan of those two sites... Any who, I dont think that there will be a VR version of the wide angles any time soon. The main reason is because at shorter focals movement goes pretty much unnoticed. On a 70-200 even the slightest movement is over exaggerated.

Got an email from B+H today (signed up for the notification) saying that they have the 70-200 in stock;I already bought a 80-200 f/2.8 off of ebay ;)

You will be very happy with the 80-200. Great sharp lens, basically as sharp at the vr without the battery drain of vr. Enjoy, and post a few pix taken with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back