This Is the Camera I Want

You'll enjoy it once you get used to it. They are very, very good bodies.

That is a very good choice. I'm hoping the gear heads jump on the next Dxxx body whenever it comes out so that lightly used D700's might show up on the 'for sale' sites. I would like a second one in a year or two.

Your screen name is interesting, are you into body art?

Patrice, only way I'd be able to get a camera like that is in payments. :/ I was lOoking through HSN and all they have are Canon so if it boils down to it I might have to settle. I very much love tattoos and piercings, have quite a few. :)

I've had this body for a while now, love it! Let me know if you have any questions. Congratulations!

Just a good camera body is not good enough. To take advantages of it, you also need high quality lenses. You really need to think about how much you want to spend. Things can add up fairly quickly.

You can't go wrong with a Nikon! (Although Canon is an excellent make as well so if you have to go that route you will still have an excellent camera.) I wanted to keep my initial investment down so I got a D3100 which I love even though it has some limitations that higher end models don't have. BTW...if you do go Nikon take a look at N-Photo magazine. In digital form (zinio) it's $65/13 monthly issues but there's a ton of good stuff..and they provide about 1 hr worth of video with each issue where the techniques they discuss in the mag are demonstrated. (Paper form has a Disk included with the videos....digital is a private link.) Since it's not cheap I'd get one digital issue (or paper issue at the store) and see if you like it.

Its an awesome camera, Ive had one for a few years now.
I find it easier to use than my old d50, as most of the common settings are far more accessible on buttons on the body, than buried in the menus.

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing your work.

All you need for now if on a budget, is that d700 and a 50mm 1.4g. Once you've immersed completely into the dark side, the trinity project begin.

iNNo said:
All you need for now if on a budget, is that d700 and a 50mm 1.4g. Once you've immersed completely into the dark side, the trinity project begin.

The 50mm 1.8g is better (sharper, less ca, better contrast) and cheaper.

It's on my wish list, just saving up right now to get it. I am aware that I'll need lenses and that they are pricey but I'm willing to wait and save for a great camera. If I get anything else less then I'll regret it and end up getting this one two. :)Thank you for your input everyone! Glad to be here... Now if I could only figure out how to post an avatar and profile picture from my iPod. Anyone have a used one for sale and can take payments? :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back