This is total bs

Yes, it is not exactly fair in a consumer point of view.

It has to do with commitments between manufacturers and distributors. This has a long history and cannot be changed in response to fluctuations in currency. These markets have long established pricing of products in their respective areas ... so unless there is a general agreement between them or a price war occurs, these prices will not change.

that is also why, camera equipment is much, much more expensive in Europe, Africa and South America than in the US.

I guess I need to feel lucky to be in the US. I know that price differences are pretty steep, and it also doesn't help that the little tag constantly reminds you how your being ripped off compared to the US. Sorry bro.

Thought about moving a little more down south? It's still cold in New York and Montana.

If you trying using US currency to buy anything in Canada hoping that you can pay the US price marketed on a book, you end up paying more because of the exchange rate. The US dollar being worth less than the Canadian dollar. It used to be great when shooting for a US company when the Canadian dollar was worth less and you could pick up an extra 25% on the cheque, now I request that the US companies pay me in Canadian funds.

shop online. the only thing i buy in local stores in my food and my toilet paper.

I cant shop online right now because canada post in on strike and companies have to use more expensive couriers. This would remove the 10$ difference

Most reactions

New Topics

Back