This is why I only swim in swimming pools

Thunder_o_b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This snapper had at least 24" shell.

_MG_056120.jpg

That gives me shivers! Fantastic shot, hope you were using a long lens.

I almost stepped on one once in a stream, it scared the living daylights out of me!

Well for sure if you do go swimming where these things are you don't want to swim nude.:lol:

Jerry

big 'un! I was snorkelling in the Crystal River in Florida... and followed one of these babies around for a while. Almost majestic in their movements... really interesting! That one was probably about that size!

Caught a big one with a fishing pole when I was a kid. Thought I had a big catfish tangled in the weeds/moss. Went in after it, knee deep and barefoot, until I realized what it was.

Almost found out the hard way they have VERY long necks and can reach all the way to mid shell to bite you.

Caught a big one with a fishing pole when I was a kid. Thought I had a big catfish tangled in the weeds/moss. Went in after it, knee deep and barefoot, until I realized what it was.

Almost found out the hard way they have VERY long necks and can reach all the way to mid shell to bite you.

Yep.. they can sure stretch their necks out! Even the common Florida Softshell can do that.. and they can bite like hell! Hate to thing of what a snapper could do! :)

When I was a kid my dad, myself and my dad's cousin went fishing in a country pond. We were catching some nice bluegill but when we went to pull up the stringer with the fish on it to leave a turtle was there and had helped himself to our catch. I think he left us a few heads.

Jerry

Eh, we have one like that or bigger in our pond. I just wish I could get that close to him! When I do get an angle on him he's in the center of the pond and I can't get a shot of anything but his head!
We still swim there. He hides when we stir things up. My mom won't let me cook him, so he still lives. Environmental Protection estimated him to be about 75 years old or better. How long can those things live???

In my freshwater Bass fishing days, I spent countless days fishing the NYC reservoir system from one of my rowboats (only type of boat allowed), and from time to time had some up close and personal contact with these guys. Never had any problems as they just slowly swam right by us.

Nice. Here in Florida, its common to find big gators in pools.

Nice shot of the turtle!!! Really a lovely photo. I especially like the aquatic grasses on the left hand side of the frame. Looks so,so beautiful!

That gives me shivers! Fantastic shot, hope you were using a long lens.

I almost stepped on one once in a stream, it scared the living daylights out of me!

Thank you BlackSheep :D

I was using a 150mm from a walkway that went out into the water, big as it was I did not need to get very close (thank the Creator)

big 'un! I was snorkelling in the Crystal River in Florida... and followed one of these babies around for a while. Almost majestic in their movements... really interesting! That one was probably about that size!

You're a braver man than I, I would have headed in the opposite direction, and FAST.

I'm glad it did not bite you, could take a finger clean off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back