This little girl will melt your heart . . .

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
. . . and so will her little brother.

My cousins traveled hours to come up for their photoshoot tonight. Their little girl was born 10 weeks early and was diagnosed with Downs Syndrome. It was the first time I have met the little sweetheart, and the first thing she did was reach out for me. I held her and she put her arms around my neck and hugged me tight. It brought tears to my eyes. She is the most perfect little girl I have ever had the pleasure to meet!

The session had some challenges, there was not alot of eye contact from her, and the little 2 year old brother, wouldn't stay in one place (which is completely age appropriate). Mom said, we understand if all we get are candids. I hope she is pleased with the set. There are tons more, I just went through and picked the ones that I felt captured their personalities. I'll edit another dozen or so of each of them when they filter through my workflow!

7325242936_92c98e4044_c.jpg

7325243578_2c77121a5f_c.jpg

7325244136_d0cfde193c_c.jpg

7325244662_fa8f99f2c5_c.jpg

I know, straighten the verticals here . . . like I said a quick pre-run through! I'll fix it when it's not midnight!
7325241986_b6d3dcec4a_c.jpg

7325315860_464d555145_c.jpg

second and third pictures are wonderful, indeed.
All of them are, just that I like how the girl blends with the landscape.
Did you sharpen the pictures in-camera or in Lightroom?

second and third pictures are wonderful, indeed.
All of them are, just that I like how the girl blends with the landscape.
Did you sharpen the pictures in-camera or in Lightroom?

Thank you!
I run a sharpening on every photo in photoshop.

Something tells me she's going to be a terror in Junior High! :lol: Nicely shot TC, but I wish her face had been a little lower in #4; a little too much nostril for my taste! ;)

Something tells me she's going to be a terror in Junior High! :lol: Nicely shot TC, but I wish her face had been a little lower in #4; a little too much nostril for my taste! ;)

Yes, a lot of nostril, but that is part of what we had to deal with. It's part of her personality with Downs Syndrome. Mom said she is always looking up and her head is often kinked off to one side! I thought it was super precious!

number four is simply beautiful! I work with kids that have special needs on a regular basis, it can be very challanging to capture them in thier eliment... great set!

number four is simply beautiful! I work with kids that have special needs on a regular basis, it can be very challenging to capture them in their element... great set!

Agreed Photographing special needs kids is hard. Think you did a marvelous job taking in all considerations and that its only a preview in progress. She defiantly is precious and it comes through in your photos.

Most reactions

Back