this metal fence caught my eyes

conch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I went to a Christmas light show at a garden yesterday. Near the entrance is this dried up fountain surrounded by a metal fence.

All comments welcome!

PC200014.jpg

One thing immediately sticks out about this picture- you managed to capture excellent texture on the statue. The background fits the dark statue and its conveyed mood well.

Excellent texture. One small note though, top of the cap looks like cut off..

As said above, like the texture...only thing is the two other statues in the background kind of freak me out :shock: Look like little ghosts or somethin

thanks all for looking and the comments.

iphoto: the cap is actually connected the rest of the fence. I thought it might distract from the figure so I cut it off evenly.

iphoto said:
Excellent texture. One small note though, top of the cap looks like cut off..

agree! I'd like to see the whole cup or cut so we wouldn't see any part of it's top :)

Awesome shot. Expertly done. You've captured the texture, You captured the detail in a 'dark-hard-to-properly-expose' subject. The DOF is enough to isolate the main point of focus. If you're looking hard enough to see the statues in the background, you're probably not appreciating the main point of focus. The main point of focus is definitely isolated and holds my attention from the background efficiently.

The object behind the cap should be cloned out and then it's a perfect capture.

You did good!

thanks again for commenting.

The object behind the cap should be cloned out and then it's a perfect capture.

you mean those dots of light? I think they look alright...I'll play around a bit to see how I feel.

conch said:
thanks again for commenting.

you mean those dots of light? I think they look alright...I'll play around a bit to see how I feel.

No, not the spots. You've taken care of what I was referring to. It was the black protrusion from the top of the cap. I wasn't clear with my explaination (I type with a southern accent :D )

No, not the spots. You've taken care of what I was referring to. It was the black protrusion from the top of the cap. I wasn't clear with my explaination (I type with a southern accent )

oh, i see :)

Most reactions

Back