This months Popular Photography?? Arnald Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravity0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's the set up. Arnold Schwarzenegger is sitting in a chair playing what looks to be a chess game. Hand over mouth leaning back staring at his imaginary opponent. It's clear it's set up, as there are two white pieces on the board but no blacks have moved yet. What gives?? You can clearly count the six open files (8 total). How can the photographer actually print this obvious FAKE setup? You do need to understand the game to get the flaw but how can the photographer actually print this picture. Not only that but it's in PP mag. Sorry I woudl refuse to print such a faker.

Any comments on my opinion?

Here's the set up. Arnold Schwarzenegger is sitting in a chair playing what looks to be a chess game. Hand over mouth leaning back staring at his imaginary opponent. It's clear it's set up, as there are two white pieces on the board but no blacks have moved yet. What gives?? You can clearly count the six open files (8 total). How can the photographer actually print this obvious FAKE setup? You do need to understand the game to get the flaw but how can the photographer actually print this picture. Not only that but it's in PP mag. Sorry I woudl refuse to print such a faker.

Any comments on my opinion?
The photographer didn't print the picture. The magazine's Art Director decided the image would be used in the issue.

Not everyone plays Chess.

The photographer didn't print the picture. The magazine's Art Director decided the image would be used in the issue.

Not everyone plays Chess.

I know this but the photographer should have known a little something no? Not only that but Arnald seems like a pretty intelligent guy, shouldn't someone have known? If you're going to stage somethign like this you should know something about it, IMHO.

So the Govenor doesn't understand chess either?

Actually....

governator makes first move, black moves Knight f6, governator makes second move, black moves Knight back to g8. Picture gets taken!

:)

Actually....

governator makes first move, black moves Knight f6, governator makes second move, black moves Knight back to g8. Picture gets taken!

:)

No player would ever do this unless they are a beginner. With the Black Knight on the 6th rank being safe for at least a couple more moves.

My point is it's clearly a flaw in the picture and it annoys me. It annoys me more that it made the mag. :angry1:

No player would ever do this unless they are a beginner. With the Black Knight on the 6th rank being safe for at least a couple more moves.

I think he may be playing himself- that would explain everything.

I think he may be playing himself- that would explain everything.

Are you people serious? To play yourself you have to move the black pieces too. :gah:

Are you sure it's in Pop Photo? Checked both May and June issues and couldn't find the picture. What page is it on?

Personally, I would suggest you find more important things to worry about in life... lol

BTW, apparently Arnold does know how to place chess...my ex-brother in law and him went to high school school together in Graz Austria and "Arnie" whooped butt and was whooped at the chess table many times by him and many others.

Are you sure it's in Pop Photo? Checked both May and June issues and couldn't find the picture. What page is it on?

I'll look when I get home. At work now.

... To play yourself you have to move the black pieces too. ...

You already explained that;

Strategy- It sounds like it worked for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back