This months Popular Photography?? Arnald Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strategy- It sounds like it worked for him.
:lol: You obviosly don't play chess. That's anti-strategy in this game.

Maybe he wants the white side to win, so he's deliberately making stupid moves for the black side. That would be a good strategy if he wanted the white side to beat the crap out of the black side.

:lol: You obviosly don't play chess. That's anti-strategy in this game.

I have, but it's just a game. Obviously you don't play yourself or you'd realize what you're seeing will net him a win at least half the time.

Actually, i've read that Arnold actually is a chess player and it's his favorite game, so he should have known if it wasn't right. Maybe there's some hidden meaning in the image.

I kinda doubt that there's any hidden meaning here (still haven't seen the photo though).

I think the most likely thing is that it was thrown together without much thought to how realistic the imaginary game in progress was.

Probably, the board was set up for a new game and they though - "Hey! Wouldn't it look better if some of the pieces were moved?", then just randomly moved a couple of them.

Actually, i've read that Arnold actually is a chess player and it's his favorite game, so he should have known if it wasn't right. Maybe there's some hidden meaning in the image.
i just don't don't see him playing it, unless he has a machine gun ready to shoot the opponent's pieces :lol:

i just don't don't see him playing it, unless he has a machine gun ready to shoot the opponent's pieces :lol:

I googled it when I read the first post. Apparently he really is quite the chess player... He says it helps him stay focused during late nights shoots.

One page I found says that he said reading makes him tired, chess keeps his mind active, or something to that effect.

Last edited:
Are you sure it's in Pop Photo? Checked both May and June issues and couldn't find the picture. What page is it on?

page 32 in June issue 2009

How about this theory: Arnold Schwarzenegger has a long media career behind him. He's been filmed by dozens of cinematographers and shot by hundreds of photographers. Many of these professionals have helped him establish a strong media presence, and he trusts their judgment... like any real model or actor would. If the photographer and the art director say "two rooks out" then that's what he'll let them shoot. He's also taken hundreds of pictures with motorcycles, guns, and cigars. He probably knows a lot about those things, whereas the viewer doesn't... and there may have been inconsistencies in those, too...

I have an idea... we're just photographers, so we only worry about images. But you're clearly a man of the world, well versed in the Game of Kings. Tell some of the hot groupie chicks hanging around the chess club, I'm sure they'll be blown away that you caught such a glaring Noobism.

That's meant in a good-natured joshing friendly way, sorry... it's been drawn to our attention that the dry wit of some of the more senior members comes across as condescending and mean.

Just having some fun with you.

Now go, your Dungeonmaster is going to unleash his Darkness of Lonely Adolescence spell if you stay away beyond the permitted web break....

That's meant in a good-natured joshing friendly way, sorry... it's been drawn to our attention that the dry wit of some of the more senior members comes across as condescending and mean.

Just having some fun with you.

Now go, your Dungeonmaster is going to unleash his Darkness of Lonely Adolescence spell if you stay away beyond the permitted web break....

Suck my fart a$$. who pi$$ed in your cherrios? It was a flaw I noticed. Just because I'm well versed in the game of kings doesn't make me that creepy nerd type. I voiced what I thought and I ended up with a reply from a retard with a camera. Do you feel better picking on the smart kid?

Suck my fart a$$. who pi$$ed in your cherrios? It was a flaw I noticed. Just because I'm well versed in the game of kings doesn't make me that creepy nerd type. I voiced what I thought and I ended up with a reply from a retard with a camera. Do you feel better picking on the smart kid?

Whoa, slow down, take it easy and all that.

But it certainly seems to help. Now shall we drop the name calling, or do I lock the thread?

You might as well lock the thread if you're going to be an instagater and a mod. It's funny how people pre-judge even as adults.

:taped sh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back