Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
New toy showed up today.

RB67HC.jpg

Yum... Medium format.. About the only "film" that catches my interest.

Check the state of the seals on both the film back and the RB adapter where it meets the back. Love my RB67 Pro S kit.

Check the state of the seals on both the film back and the RB adapter where it meets the back. Love my RB67 Pro S kit.

After looking at it closely, I'm not too confident in the light seals. Some look totally gone, others are quite crumbly. A quick test roll tomorrow will bear the truth. I'll probably just go ahead and order replacements anyway.

You can safely skip the kits and use thin, self adhesive sheet foam for the back and RB surface seal. Getting the old stuff out and the gick cleaned off is the same amount of work, kit or no kit. Re-sealed the RB adapter and two backs for like a buck.

Well, I just ran a roll of 120 through it. Only problem is, it wouldn't let me fire the shutter in landscape orientation. It will allow me if there's no film in it, but once there's film in it, it refuses. Only portrait orientation.

Taking a break, then will break out the stinky stuff and see what I got.

<<<<Sitting here quieting (and almost patiently) waiting for the stinky stuff to do it's thing so that we can see the results.

I'd love to get one of these some day! Slightly jealous...Congrats! Can't wait to see some photos from it...

Yeah. Doesn't really look to my untrained eye to be much, if any, light leaks.

But I do have to make sure that you "legally" obtained that photo of the train tracks. lol [Or at least didn't get caught]

Yeah. Doesn't really look to my untrained eye to be much, if any, light leaks.

But I do have to make sure that you "legally" obtained that photo of the train tracks. lol [Or at least didn't get caught]

Rail line is abandoned and has reverted to city property. Case closed, Your Honor. I suspect it'll become a bike trail soon.

But surprisingly, no light leaks. At least for the short time I was out with film in the gate. Long term, it may be an issue. But I found a kit and ordered it last night, so it should be here next week sometime.

'Till then, I gotta go buy a few more rolls of films and really put this BadAss to work! (Yeah, I nicknamed it BA..... which also happens to stand for a common internet moniker it has..... Boat Anchor!!!!) Plus start shopping for a 50mm lens.

Well, my only film scanner is a dedicated 35mm unit. But I know someone who should be able to scan these for me until I can scrape up funds for my own.

(Christmas is coming up, folks! Hint! Hint!)

Well, my only film scanner is a dedicated 35mm unit. But I know someone who should be able to scan these for me until I can scrape up funds for my own.

(Christmas is coming up, folks! Hint! Hint!)

If you search the net there is a good way of scanning with a digital camera, take a look on a film forum I go on Filmwasters

If you search the net there is a good way of scanning with a digital camera, take a look on a film forum I go on Filmwasters

Well, I could easily shoot the negs with a DSLR. But then, I'm back to the exact same resolution I would get if I just shot the scene with the DSLR in the first place.

The idea here is to scan at a higher rez and have much more data (read, detail & tonal quality) than what a mid- to top-level DSLR is capable of producing.

Most reactions

Back