This site is falling apart..

kalmkidd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
seriously it cracks me. up. its sad i have only been here a few yrs but my has there been changes. 80% of this site must have went out, bought a slr, and came on here and said hey ''im bob the Professional photographer'' i mean im by no means the GREATEST ever but seriously. 90% of threads i open are snap shots my 10yr old brother could take at BEST. and then these people are leaving mean degrading feedback to other new comers.. this whole site actually no this hole photography thing is going down hill is so saturated with wannabes and crap talkers it makes me sick..

after reading some feedback i will tell you this and please just listen

If you have a camera and like to take pictures TAKE THEM, take advice from those you trust, keep practicing, and dont go buying 100's of dollars in stuff until you learn your basics. cause the GOOD ADVICE here is surely disappearing.

i mean mods like cory, Lafoto,members like chiller, etc,etc have to hear where im coming from or maybe i just missed something well i was gone a few months. sorry for my rant but im honestly mind blown by some stuff on here now.

Last edited:
You know I see this same rant in almost every large photography forum on the net ;)

Yes there are more new people than ever before
Yes some people have more disposable income than others - this is even more true in poor financial times when hobbies do well (people want to escape more)
Yes everyone now owns and uses the internet - its no longer the domain of the geek alone
Yes beginners are poorer than established and experienced shooters
No the art and skill in photography isn't getting any less - infact its getting improved all the time.

Chiller left,with some fanfare, a few months back. Cory (is that the right spelling?) hasn't been around much. As to your original post's comments...yeah, there are loads of newbies who are dispensing advice all over the web, telling others how to do things they've learned how to do.

This place is no different than any special interest message board on the internet. They are all full of smart people, dumb people, assholes, nice people, new people, etc.... It's the internet. You have to learn to be tolerant.

It's the internet. You have to learn to be tolerant.

Correction "world" instead of internet - its not something unique to the online environment

This is hardly "the world"...this is a self-selecting group of people, interacting in a far,far different environment than "the world". I know what you were trying to say, but do not agree that this is very much like "the world".

Do we have any Somalian pirates as members here? Any freedom fighters? How about undocumented restaurant workers?

Chiller left,with some fanfare, a few months back. Cory (is that the right spelling?) hasn't been around much. As to your original post's comments...yeah, there are loads of newbies who are dispensing advice all over the web, telling others how to do things they've learned how to do.

yea i see chiller on another forum im on. how have you been bud?

Well, I havent been around quite as long as you, but I can tell you that there is still a great wealth of photographic knowledge on this site. Youre right, alot of photo threads on here are from "noobs", but hey, everyone's got to start somewhere. If the people on here would actually get off their horse and answer their calls for help and criticism instead of saying "oh, well I know Im better than that" and blowing them off, then these "noobs" might actually get better and you wont be so deigned to look at them. Just remember where you started. Maybe you didnt have the internet, but these people do. When they dont have anywhere to turn to, they need someone to turn to, and really, we should be here for them. I remember being one of them..posting a thread asking what the difference in "mm"s are. This site is the sole source that has brought me to where I am today, and over such a short time. So, no. All the original people arent here, but there are rising stars every day. The Vets that are still here should be proud of such people.

Mark

Well, I havent been around quite as long as you, but I can tell you that there is still a great wealth of photographic knowledge on this site. Youre right, alot of photo threads on here are from "noobs", but hey, everyone's got to start somewhere. If the people on here would actually get off their horse and answer their calls for help and criticism instead of saying "oh, well I know Im better than that" and blowing them off, then these "noobs" might actually get better and you wont be so deigned to look at them. Just remember where you started. Maybe you didnt have the internet, but these people do. When they dont have anywhere to turn to, they need someone to turn to, and really, we should be here for them. I remember being one of them..posting a thread asking what the difference in "mm"s are. This site is the sole source that has brought me to where I am today, and over such a short time. So, no. All the original people arent here, but there are rising stars every day. The Vets that are still here should be proud of such people.

Mark

i agree 100% thats the point im trying to make.. instead of saying oh wow that pic sucks, give constructive information, and as for the posters saying im pro, know your place as well.. but hey i cant change anyone..

What is a "hole site"?

Is that where they dig a well or something?

Most reactions

Back