This weekends birdies

lvcrtrs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. Baby wrens-they actually nested right on my porch so I should get to see them grow. Usually they are inside gourds or other houses on the property.

Wrenbabiesinhouse6-12-109261resized.jpg

2. Swallow, 300 with big crop as always it seems.

Treeswallowwingsextended9277resized.jpg

3. Nuthatch baby - came out of work Sat and he was still at the base of a tree from the morning hours. It has a really smooth peely bark as it went up and the branches were very high. The little guy couldn't climb up no matter how much he liked to. Someone told me they saw the parents coming to feed it.

Nuthatchbaby9255resized1000.jpg

4. Goose baby

Goosebabystretchingtoeat9294resized.jpg

5. Towhee juvi????

Toweheejuvinile9282resized.jpg

6. Downy I believe - crappy darker weather. He was in the woods. Tried to adjust the "brightness" but have to watch how it brings out the noise.

DownyWoodpecker9279resized.jpg

I love the baby goose! I really like the rest as well. Maybe not so much the swallow. It looks a bit like too much contrast, too grainy.
I never get birds to sit still or be close enough. I have to develop more patience I think...

Thanks pmsnel. I agee about the swallow. Hard enough to get them sitting still but that irradescent color gets a little weird. Wonder if it improves at full resolution, probably not so much with the big crop. Yes, patience...the manta of all nature photographers.

I don't have a garden at hand, so I have to lurk behind bushes and trees for all my birds. Did not get further than some geese and swans, but your shots inspire me!

Pauline~

Most reactions

Back