Thom Hogans take on d7200

Even-handed enough. To his credit, Hogan--whether you agree with him or not--never passes off paraphrasing a spec sheet/press release as a "review" as so many others do days after a roll-out.

Nikon.ca has been playing with pricing on the D7200 and cutting it sometimes within a 100 bucks or so of the D7100, as happened on Amazon Prime day here. Very sweet camera for the $$$.

How are you liking your D7200, jaomul?

Even-handed enough. To his credit, Hogan--whether you agree with him or not--never passes off paraphrasing a spec sheet/press release as a "review" as so many others do days after a roll-out.

just do what I did and scroll all the way straight to "how does it perform?"

How are you liking your D7200, jaomul?

So far it seems good. I have not had time to get a good run with it yet. I'll post back here when I have it a while. New reports on gear usually have rose tinted glasses on :)

New reports on gear usually have rose tinted glasses on :)
That is because if somebody reviews a camera or lens that is brand new or possibly not even available yet, they got it from the producer of this camera or lens and thus have to keep this producer in a good mood so they get the next camera or lens as well.

This is why I never buy a camera or lens at release.

As much as I cannot stand him that Fro guy does decent "real world" reviews. Digital Rev are good as well.

Well, not that DigitalRev would be bad. Its pretty funny and entertaining. And the general videos about photography or their various shennigans like pro photographer, cheap camera can be quite informative. But its not the best resource for reviews because those are typically not that indepth.

Camerastore for example is quite a bit better in this respect. They shoot a camera for a whole day and can then analyze it pretty well too. They rarely have shennanigan videos though. Recently they had a "shoot film for journalism" video, though, that was kinda fun, and very impressive to somebody like me, who never really shot film.

I also loved the xmas 2013 video from camerastore. Funny that most of these suggestions have been used later. Except a digital version of the Mamiya 7. That one would rock, but will probably need some more time.

The Frodo guy just talks too much and says too little. I just dont have this amount of patience.

Most reactions

Back