Thought Crime Here we come

Here is thoughtcrime dept and its parents ....

untitled1.JPG

untitled2.JPG

I saw this too on Gizmodo. I wonder how soon it'll show up at airports? In all honesty though I doubt this would hold up in court. It's probably just an excuse for them to detain people.

I'd be surprised if this was implemented too widely.

How much money are we spending on this stuff ?

Keep in mind these are devleopment grants, Im sure we pay a lot more per machine when completed.

untitled6.JPG

untitled7.JPG

untitled8.JPG

Haha you're definitely a tin-foil-hat kind of guy aren't u? :wink:

Nope, just showing you facts right off the DHS files with their stamp on it.

I thought tin foilists exaggerated and made up wonderous stories, this is all totally verified.

Haha you're definitely a tin-foil-hat kind of guy aren't u? :wink:

Why do most people have this reaction, even when presented with documents directly from the DHS?

Count me as a tin-foil-hat kind of guy who actually cares and wants to know what MY money is being spent on. Maybe if enough people actually started asking questions and demanding answers they wouldn't spend as much. I know, I know, pipe dream....

Sadly, I think it's too late to do anything about this (not just this).

The majority of people obviously don't care or don't know (and don't want to) what's really going on...

People will never resist things like this in large enough numbers to make any difference. Sad, but it's true.

"Burns noted his team's goal is to "restore a sense of freedom." Once MALINTENT is rolled out in airports, it could give us a future where we can once again wander onto planes with super-sized cosmetics and all the bottles of water we can carry — and most importantly without that sense of foreboding that has haunted Americans since Sept. 11"

Great quote...

i was worried not enough was being done to help the extremely thirsty passenger... i thought they had been forgotten about... but not anymore... "all the bottles of water we can carry" it makes all that research, money spent and loss of freedoms worth while... sign me up!! Hurray for the new improved 'Sense of Freedom'!!

Haha I didn't mean to offend anyone with the tinfoil-hat thing.

Let me explain why I'm not reacting in same manner. First, I enjoy playing Devil's Advocate and presenting different sides to things despite my personal opinions. 2ndly, there are TONS of crazy ideas that come up all of the time but either get shot down or implemented in such a way that it will have 0 impact on my everyday life. AT&T, BellSouth and Verizon were all giving NSA detailed phone records for years after 9/11. Though annoyed... I didn't know it and wouldn't have known it had I not read about it.

Privacy is gone... it has been... this is nothing new. As agrivating as it is... there's only so much I can panic about in my daily life.

This whole program is disguting, as is the Backscatter technology that the TSA is implementing. Any device that requires a 'modesty filter' is a bit much in my opinion. I am so tired of being treated like a criminal every time I fly. My favorite is when TSA agents say, "we're just here for your safety." No you're not! You're here to provide the illusion of safety. :grumpy:

Brian

Most reactions

New Topics

Back