Thought I hit the jackpot...

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I cleaned my house this weekend and found a memory card lying around. It had a big 16 on it, so I assumed GB. Popped it in my camera, it had 2 photos from an old P&S. The camera read "Card Full" so I formatted. Still got "Card Full".

Took a look at the card, it's 16 MB! One RAW file from my camera is at least 20MB. LOL

Pretty crazy how far we've come!

Yes, it is amazing to see how the technology advance. I still have a Seagate harddisk looks like a tank in my basement. It is only 2GB in capactity, but it takes up 2x 5 1/4 drive bay.

Maybe I should take a photo of it with a 2GB microSD card.

And I thought my old 256mb card was already vintage stuff

I've got an 8mb CF card around here somewhere.

I guess I've just become so accustomed to large GB cards that I didn't even think to check it. I was convinced the card was defective for at least 10 minutes. lol

I have you all BEAT! I paid like $600 dollars for my first 20 Megabyte Hard Drive! And Jess's ancient SD card was nearly as big at that.... lol! ( Am I dating myself?) :)

Way back when in a previous life I worked for Texas Instruments doing field service and I remember when the first "Winchester" hard drive came out. They billed it as the last disk you will ever need and it was a whopping 5MB!

Haha classic, I remember my first computer which at the age of 4 was pretty neat, it was an ibm compatible with a 25mhz processor, 4mbytes of ram and a 60 meg hdd which I ran stacker on, it effectively tripled capacity but was slow!

I actually remember vividly the day that Intel released the pentium 200mhz too ... Strange memory to recall but hey im a geek

Way back when in a previous life I worked for Texas Instruments doing field service and I remember when the first "Winchester" hard drive came out. They billed it as the last disk you will ever need and it was a whopping 5MB!

Geez.. you are older then me, then... and I dated Methuselah's Grandmother! lol!

Oh yeah! Well the random computer bit I bought at a specified date in the past is more ridiculously priced than your ramdom computer bit you bought at a specified date in the past.

Technology!

I had an Atari ST computer...didn't even have a hard drive. Every program had to be run off of a floppy disk.

To this day, my husband doesn't understand what the difference is between kb, mb, gb, and tb.

I find it funny that in order to explain anything to him about a computer... I have to use an engine as an example...

I had an Atari ST computer...didn't even have a hard drive. Every program had to be run off of a floppy disk.

My first computer was an Apple with 6502 processor that running at 1Mhz. I got a single sided floppy disk as well. I considered myself being lucky since my classmate only had a tape drive and it took awhile to load a game Falcon.

Most reactions

Back