thought I'd do the old 'one focal length for all shots' thing

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got up at 05.30 this morning to do the old one focal length for all shots thing :er: But unlike most people at camera clubs that do it with a 35mm or 50mm lens I thought I'd do it with a 600mm lens :lol:

So off we went to Richmond nice and early to try and find some Deer.....

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES

The light is nice early in the morning

2 didn't take long to find one

Just one problem when there are 2 of you trying to find Deer, you always end up getting in their shots
_MG_3409.jpg

After about an hour I still couldn't find any Stags, not sure why my mate Gary kept shouting "behind you" :er:
_MG_3441.jpg

At last!!

After finding them we sat and watched them for half an hour
_MG_3465.jpg

If only it was Rannoch Moor and not London

Eating breakfast

I'm not standing and posing for you

I love #1! I've finally been noticing how fantastic the morning light is recently.
#8s my favorite!!!
#4 is hilarious. hehe

The camo on the camera... is that like the same tape stuff you can put on guns?

I'd much prefer to shoot critters in this way than how my boyfriend does it... with a gun :(

Great series. Thanx for sharing.

:clap: Love the series (and the commentary)!! The light in #1 and 2 is sooo beautiful...I can almost feel the stillness and chill of that time of the morning. And 8 is a wonderful capture of the stag's 'huh, are you lookin' at me?' expression. I also like the way the three colours in the background of that shot blend subtly one into the other.

#1,8,9 are the best ones in my opinion. very dramatic first shot and very noble 8,9th shot.
Nice job.

I love #1! I've finally been noticing how fantastic the morning light is recently.
#8s my favorite!!!
#4 is hilarious. hehe

The camo on the camera... is that like the same tape stuff you can put on guns?

I'd much prefer to shoot critters in this way than how my boyfriend does it... with a gun :(

Great series. Thanx for sharing.

The camo gear is designed for one lens, its a neoprene material with a camo print

:clap: Love the series (and the commentary)!! The light in #2 is so beautiful...I can almost feel the stillness and chill of that time of the morning. And 8 is a wonderful capture of the stag's 'huh, are you lookin' at me?' expression.

thank you

#1,8,9 are the best ones in my opinion. very dramatic first shot and very noble 8,9th shot.
Nice job.

cheers

for me it is #1 !!

and .. #9 !!

Andy, Andy , Andy -
You truely have caught the morning in that 1st shot and the others are just to good - even the jokey ones - can I borrow a couple of them I want to show a camara club how to photograph wildlife or a landscape. I don't wan to put people off by saying this is what you have to achieve but this is what you should aspire to - this is the goal and it's a road that is difficult to navigate but arn't the rewards worth it when you turn in work like this - under no circumstances are you to join a camera club or the whole of the Berkshire snappers will take up pottery and LCE will have to start stocking clay and kilns and those funny wheels they use.
Seriouslu guy any club would welcome you with open arms with the quality you turn out.

Andy, Andy , Andy -
You truely have caught the morning in that 1st shot and the others are just to good - even the jokey ones - can I borrow a couple of them I want to show a camara club how to photograph wildlife or a landscape. I don't wan to put people off by saying this is what you have to achieve but this is what you should aspire to - this is the goal and it's a road that is difficult to navigate but arn't the rewards worth it when you turn in work like this - under no circumstances are you to join a camera club or the whole of the Berkshire snappers will take up pottery and LCE will have to start stocking clay and kilns and those funny wheels they use.
Seriouslu guy any club would welcome you with open arms with the quality you turn out.

yeah you can borrow them Ray, buy you must bring them back ;-)

and what's wrong with pottery? maybe if you bought that faster motordrive I keep telling you to buy your pots wouldn't leak

just watch it baldy

love number 1

deer are over rated...garden munchers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back