Thought I'd Post a Moon Shot

A

astrostu

It's been awhile since I've posted a picture, so I thought I'd attach a shot of the moon I took, since several people seem to like lunar pictures. It's a picture of a phenomenon called "Earthshine," where, during a crescent phase, you can actually see light reflected from Earth onto the moon's dark half, and then reflected back to Earth.

moon_earthshine_060623_big.jpg

No, I don't belive you ever took a real shot of the moon.

:lmao: ...

sorry ;) .. think it is a really interesting image!
my last moonshot were all mucked up by the photographer.. so I am happy someone can do better :)

Ok, it took a bit to wrap my head around it- I think I've seen that happen. great shot.

OK, so this is a composite of two exposures on the moon, one exposing correctly on the 6%-crescent (with no earth shine to be seen in consequence?) and on exposing on the earth shine - thus overexposing the 6&-crescent, of course - showing the dark part of the moon? Cool!!! :thumbup: I really like this.
(And yes, I am among those suckers for moon photos, mostly so since mine are all amateurish, noisy, downright bad).

LaFoto said:
OK, so this is a composite of two exposures on the moon, one exposing correctly on the 6%-crescent (with no earth shine to be seen in consequence?) and on exposing on the earth shine - thus overexposing the 6&-crescent, of course - showing the dark part of the moon?

Yep, that's the idea. :)

Well done. Great picture here

Most reactions

Back