Thoughts after shooting with a D600 today

This camera and two of the new 256mb sd cards would be sick for vacations or the ultimate spray and pray shooter!

You do mean gb don't you? I have the 128 and even pn the D800, it has 1,500+ RAWs for capacity. It's spooky how much disc space you can get on a card that's an inch square. I remember my first computer (a 386) had all of 100mb on the hard drive! That wouldn't be enough for 1 TIFF file!

This camera and two of the new 256mb sd cards would be sick for vacations or the ultimate spray and pray shooter!

You do mean gb don't you? I have the 128 and even pn the D800, it has 1,500+ RAWs for capacity. It's spooky how much disc space you can get on a card that's an inch square. I remember my first computer (a 386) had all of 100mb on the hard drive! That wouldn't be enough for 1 TIFF file!

80386, I remember those. My 1st computer was a Commodor 64 with 1541 disk drive. 360 Kb! It wouldn't hold 1 full frame jpeg, let alone a nef or tiff. I'm with you, I can't believe the capacity of these new cards.

Thanks, I am in the process of deciding if I should ditch the D7K and go with a D600. That also means I'll have to sell my 17-55 2.8.

Most reactions

Back