Thoughts on sub $500 range for a starter camera

Msteelio91

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.digitaldistrictphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My girlfriend is awesomely supportive of my hobby, and also interested in learning! I'd love to get her into it but she's really limited by her current camera (old Nikon L110).

She's got an eye for photography already, so I'm looking for something that will allow her to learn the techniques and functions as well as offer the potential for some nice high IQ shots. You can only learn so much with a point-and-shoot...

She's not a total noob and she learns REAL fast

I was considering a Nikon D3200. I am open to other brands but I like the idea of her having a Nikon since I have a D7000 that would probably get passed to her if I get a new camera.

Yes, D3200 makes total sense. Orrrrrr...give her the D7000 and buy yourself something YOU want!!!

Buy yourself a D610 or 800E and give her the 7k. Then you both are on the same page!

d3200 is an excellent choice, if you can stretch your budget just a bit I'd also look at a D5200, with the kit lens you'd be looking at a little more than $500 if you go refurbished but personally I think it's well worth it. I use the 5200 myself and it's an excellent all around camera.

Ill ship my D90 to you lol

Since it's your GF's camera, and you have a Nikon, I would suggest... a Sony a57. :lol: No, but really. Think about it: do you want to share lenses? What if you both want the same lens at the same time, but there's only one? This is one of the reasons why I have a Canon, since my wife has a Sony. It's obviously not the only thing to consider, but it is one.

Yes get the D3200, in your budget its the best camera you can buy.

Most reactions

Back