Thoughts on this Marketing Endeavor?

I think it is an awesome idea! Well thought out, and I cant wait to hear how it goes! How are you advertising it? Craigslist? Anything else?

I think it is an awesome idea! Well thought out, and I cant wait to hear how it goes! How are you advertising it? Craigslist? Anything else?

I posted on Craigslist, but I'm pretty sure (based on my web statistics) that the response was minimal. Facebook yielded a bunch of sign-ups, and a couple local "mom's groups" caught wind of it, which filled up the rest. Sold out!

Good for you. Even if you get just a couple clients to book you for another shootitwill have paid off. It might be a good idea to have some items on hand, like a Cooler of bottled water, a box of Klenex, etc. You could also print a batch of buisnes cards with a direction to the gallery.

Sounds like a pretty good idea. Although I think you might want to include more than just one 8x10. Maybe a bigger photo, or the best two? If you are only going to be exposed to 10-15 families, I would think you'd really want to wow them, so if it only costs you $5-6 per family, why not give them two photos instead of one or a bigger one. Assume your cost at most would double because of that so instead of spending ~$75, you're spending ~$150. Not too bad I think. Just make sure you get 3-4 really good photos and make them say, well we're getting two for free, let's buy 1 or 2 more.

Great idea though, no matter how you go about doing it.

Also, craigslist was posted above, but Twitter is a GREAT networking resource.

How do you use twitter to network? I finally joined and been using it a bit, but I have no idea how to find local people. I can add 1 million people, but what good to me if they are not close enough to hire me for my services? :)

Same goes with blogger. There doesnt seem to be an easy way to find local people with it. Other sites like xanga allowed me to search by location somewhat.

Ok, everyone. Tomorrow is the big day. If all goes to plan, 18 families will be showing up (we've had a trickle of cancellations since filling up). We're ready to go (minus a shortage of memory cards, possibly). I'll keep this thread updated as the results and response from the promotion are more available.

How did it go? :)

While im here, heres a facebook question.

I have a personal facebook site. I read it was a good idea not to mix business with personal stuff, so I dont want to have my photography facebook fan page attached to my personal site. And as far as I know, you need to have a regular account to activate the fan site. But your not suppose to have multiple facebook accounts. :) Is there a way around this?

Most reactions

Back