Thoughts on this?

JDP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pavleck.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just curious as to everyone's thoughts on this photo. Used a new technique to convert to B&W
Larger size can be found right here.

224166384_27daafb56e.jpg

The tonal range works well for me. The narrow depth of field also works perfectly with the smooth bokeh in the background and foreground.

xfloggingkylex said:
looks great, mind sharing your technique? or is it a secret?

Oh, certainly. To be honest, it seems hit or miss for me right now - but I'll see if I stick with it. There's directions & a Photoshop action file located here.

Supposedly created by Rob Carr and hinted that it's used by Greg Gorman, though ya never know, suppose it could be true hehe.

For the subject matter the metalic touch is perfect.

I will try the technique as well. Looks like fun!

I think the background (what the circle thing is resting on) is SLIGHTLY distracting but overall a very interesting shot.

Widgets Rule - certainly seems to keep all the tones in conersion - about to investigate link!

rmh159 said:
I think the background (what the circle thing is resting on) is SLIGHTLY distracting but overall a very interesting shot.
Yeah, I thought it was too - there are several I took with varying DoF, but this one I think turned out the best.
The picture is actually inside a bin of Cotter Pins that someone had placed a motorcycle mirror in - thought it looked neat.

Most reactions

Back