Thoughts on this?

hdukphotographs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hduk-photographs.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot this and edited with photoshop something just seems off to me but i dont know what.Any thoughts?

Artgallery-001.jpg

IMO, there are several things that hurt this image:
  • the impact of this image is based on symmetry, yet the image itself is not symmetrical. (and looks like there is some barrel distortion)
  • second, the sepia tone looks out of place with the content.
  • third, the bright spots from the bulbs and much brighter top third and skylight fight with the interesting but dull walls.

I agree with Traveler about it not being symmetrical. You weren't quite dead center when you took the picture, so the perspective is off.

I think the sepia looks well and fits the vintage aircraft. That or B & W would work well. You might want to try burning in some of the dark corridors and arches just a tad...so we get a hint of detail there, as we don't have any right now. (Just what I would do) If you were burning them in by hand on an enlarger....that would be miserable!

You should be able to crop this symmetrical? The problem Im having with this photo is my eyes don't have a place to rest. There's no main subject for the most part so you're drawn to the lightness of the ceiling. Other than that I love the sepia and enjoy the content.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back