Thoughts please

revenater

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just want some thoughts on this. I had went out and taken some pics on a walk the other day and I had take on of this bird house but it was not good so I went back out this morning to try again and this was one of the best. I like it but would love your thoughts please.
View attachment 9385

My thoughts: Looks like a well exposed, in focus shot of a birdhouse with cinderblocks in the background.

Kerbouchard said:
My thoughts: Looks like a well exposed, in focus shot of a birdhouse with cinderblocks in the background.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well.

The composition is lacking and would need improvement. Your subject is dead center and the the fence and or back drop don't really help much with the angle you chose.

I would try to shoot it in different angles and see what you can come up with. What is on the other side of the bird house?

I would also read up on composition as this would also help you with future shots as well.

it's awesome! A birdhouse I can hang my jacket on! :D

I'm joking. What did you find attractive about your birdhouse? What do you want to share with your viewer? Keep these things in mind when you are taking/processing your images. ;)

Thank you I know you all thinking "so what it a bird house who cares" but i have been reading up on exposures and everything i post someone says needs some work in that area so I like this because of its yellow color with the blue brick and it just caught my eye so I though why not. but I do thank everyone for your feedback.

Thank you I know you all thinking "so what it a bird house who cares" but i have been reading up on exposures and everything i post someone says needs some work in that area so I like this because of its yellow color with the blue brick and it just caught my eye so I though why not. but I do thank everyone for your feedback.

If all you were going for is a well exposed, in focus shot...you succeeded. From an artistic point of view, it is lacking.

Here is a secret. Once you get the exposure and focus stuff figured out, the rest of it is easy.

We have all taken 'this' shot before. The difference is, the people here that you think are good won't show it to you. They will show you the one taken two feet to the right, or the one from higher up, or the one from the other side, or the one from directly below, or they will just move on to shoot the next thing.

You have to work the scene. Exposure and focus are important and are one of the first things you want to make sure is right when shooting a scene. From there, angle, composition, placement, DOF, lighting, etc all come into play.

Basically, you stopped shooting this scene where many of us would begin...which is a perfectly normal, well exposed, in focus shot of a bird house. The trick is to go from what you have now to something compelling that holds the interest of the viewer, and no matter what camera settings you use, it can't be done from that angle.

Last edited:
Thank you for that I appreciate it. This will probably be my last post until I get a little more experience but it has really help. Thank you again for your advice I will use it. :)

Thank you for that I appreciate it. This will probably be my last post until I get a little more experience but it has really help. Thank you again for your advice I will use it. :)

Don't give up that easy. No reason to stop posting or stop asking questions. Just accept the feedback for what it is and grow from it.

Oh I do accept it I really appreciate it. The only thing i get at home from my hubby is "Thats a good picture" he dont understand it. But thats ok, I love him anyway. It is nice to get honest feedback.

Most reactions

Back