Thoughts - Tattoo in Progress

JDP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pavleck.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last week I got a new tattoo, a tribal-style Phoenix, to represent my 'rising from the ashes' after cancer. Anyway, I brought my camera with, and this is one of the shots that seem intriguing - I'm curious to hear your thoughts
Bokeh to 'chunky'? The entire gun not being in frame to distracting? Focus off?

536634684_82be24c90e.jpg

As someone who has some 'art' myself....I like the image. It's not immediately clear what is going on. You are forced to look at it. I think there's just enough information to see someone is having the ink applied.

Bravo to you for beating cancer! What a way to celebrate life.

I like the pic, although it is a little distracting... the bokeh/dof is nice though, I dont mind the gun not being in the picture. Its not seeing more of the art that is bugging me!

Let's see it!

Heheh, thanks guys - and trust me, I tried a half dozen ways to try to get the entire ink in the shot, but it didn't work and I didn't want to move around TO much hehe. But here's the completed tattoo, about 5 hours after
536714744_dc23ec1ada.jpg

The whole set is here

Congrats on beating cancer man, that can be some tough stuff to go through for you and your family and friends.

Now onto the shot, I like it quite a lot, very sharp, nice focusing and DOF, I wish there was more to see as far as actual inking, but the shot is still quite good and interesting to me. And by the way, my name is Jeremy too, and Nikon does in fact rule.

Most reactions

Back