Three cool photography products coming in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin_Usagani

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
[removed, sorry - seems logical to me that you should be able to post things like this, but blatantly defying the rules is not the way to go about it -manaheim]

Now due to TPF rules, a MOD will probably remove these links because they are crowd funding links. Mod, if you remove it, please ban me at least 1 month because I will continually post them. This is a photography forum. Aren't we allowed to talk about exciting new photography products? Especially products coming from small guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought links "to" kickstarter or other crowdsource funding pages were fine, but not posts directly FROM crowdsource funding seekers??? I'm not sure what the official TPF rules say about this, but it sure seems like a person ought to be able to simply link to items from the web. I mean, right?

I say we ban this rebellious poster... permanently!

Ok, no you don't. I've already seen the Filter crusades cancelled, a perfectly good peasant uprising ruined, a pissing contest kiboshed and a witch burning thwarted. You are not getting my hopes up with a possible tar and feather party.

Lol

I thought links "to" kickstarter or other crowdsource funding pages were fine, but not posts directly FROM crowdsource funding seekers???

This is basically the approach we have.
Kickstarter is a tricky beast though and its something that sort of straddles the middle line - rather like those "please vote for my photo" competitions. At the end of the day the matter is one where the admin and moderators are aiming to protect the interests of those who have paid to advertise on our forums whilst allowing members to discuss new products and developments whilst also keeping the site free of general spam/advertising from feeloaders.

Personally I would like that we could approach this without ending up being forced into a "No kickstarter/crowdfunding" policy. However if users start to abuse or try to force the moderator/admin hand in matters we could find that a policy is put in place to avoid disruptive behaviour .

The MagMod looks pretty great.

The other two just look like novelty items to me personally.

per the TPF FAQ....

* No linking to crowd funding websites or groups (such as Kickstarter for example) for personal or commercial gain, without prior permission from the Administrators of this site. It is permissible to link to such sites if they are of general interest and relevance to the forum, but we will remove any such link that we believe is self-advertising or promotion from the poster. Please contact an Administrator prior to such postings to avoid moderator action.

The best way to do this would be for you to contact ffarl or 4nines and get permission to post those links.
handing out ultimatums to the Mod team is not the best way to make your case.

Since we're going to throw the rules down, I figured we needed to remove the links, so I did so.

Robin, I think you've bumped into a case where maybe it's logical to make an exception to the rule, but since you chose to throw down the gauntlet instead of speaking with someone about posting this as a possible reasonable exception to the rule, you sort of force our hands.

Please don't do that.

That is the one I backed Tiller. I will probably buy the panono ball as well but I will wait until it comes out.

Put that panono ball on a drone that would be awesome!!!

Just reading the rule, it sounds like it is ok. I was not self-advertising. If I ever invented a photography product, I will certainly contact ffarl or 4nines first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back