Three film shots from this year

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are three shots that I took this year in my high school photography class. They are film and was processed via dark room. It was fun learning the entire process, and sad that I'll probably never do it again. Sigh.

Enjoy these three! The last one was selected at the state competition.The scanning quality was so-so.

Architecture1 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr

Abstract2 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr

Abstract by echoyjeff222, on Flickr

thanks, that's exactly what i tried to go for particularly in the first and third one :)

Looks like you have a natural feel for film. It is not that common. Too bad you quitting.

Very nice, why will you probably never do it again ? all you need is the chemicals developing tank and a changing bag all are cheap to buy

Very nice, why will you probably never do it again ? all you need is the chemicals developing tank and a changing bag all are cheap to buy

well unless i take photography in college, I won't have time. And it's much more expensive than digital :/

Ah, that's what B&W is supposed to look like !!

Eh, I think you will continue to dabble in film ... I have come back to it.

quick question, is "capricious clouds" an apt name for the second photo?

They are all very good, but number 1 is fabulous.

BTW, digital is very expensive when taken as a whole, especially as you'll find yourself changing cameras every 2 to 3 years!

If you're getting results like this...i'd be weary about shooting digitally..Like I would avoid digital like the plauge, spending the few hundred (or thousand) dollars on more film instead of a digital camera.

These are very modernist compositions, and they're timeless. That first picture...20 years from now will still be a great picture and won't fall into hype or trends.

You would not get the same feeling to these shots with digital, i have not shot any digital for a month now its just too clinical and has no soul, can you borrow one to try ?

Ah, that's what B&W is supposed to look like !!

Eh, I think you will continue to dabble in film ... I have come back to it.

Yep, film will always live in the soul for some of us.

Love the photos...classic shots in that deep contrast that only black and white can capture.

Most reactions

Back