Three for C&C, black and white skateboarding inside!

KKJUN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, I'd like to get your opinion on these three:

1.)

P4225354.JPG

2.)

P4235794.JPG

3.)

P4235879.JPG

And one quick question: Has anyone ever used the olympus fl36-r flash before?

Thanks.

I really like the 1st one, the composition is very good.
The 2nd picture is interesting, but I would have liked it better if it didn't have some of the extra people in the photo.
The third is also nice, like you already said you can crop out the light.

I think the real reason I like the first one the best is you can see the eyes of the subject.

Well, without the extra people the trick wouldn't have worked: The wall would've just fallen over.

Oh, and I have a version of the 3rd one without the flash, but i decided I liked the other one better:
4550273383_26221dcbf9_b.jpg

Thanks for the input so far! Anyone else?

I like the first and third one(with the light cropped out).

really like #3 but i agree u should crop the light out

#1 is interesting to me only because the ramp and horizon slope at opposite angles. It makes me think of a documentary I saw once that followed skateboarders as they rode around the city and did tricks on anything they could find. So I think the photo communicates this same idea that the city is a playground for these guys.

Did you have this idea in mind when you created the shot?

Well... no. I really don't do that much thinking before I set up the shot. I just get an idea of "hey, that angle might look cool", and then go for it. Maybe you read into it more than I do, because I assume you are not that much "in contact" with skateboarding as I am.

When taking a picture of a skateboarder, I really don't try to tell a story, I just try to document the coolness of the trick as good as I can.

Just thought I'd ask. I appreciate your honesty. I realize you probably didn't have much time to think about everything happening in the frame.

The sky is a little blown out in the second pic.

I wish he was wearing something different in the first photo. The black shirt and dark shorts lack detail and makes it not appealing to my eye.
Composition in number 1 is good tho.

Great! Love the last one the best!

Most reactions

Back