Three 'most favorited'

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A set of random shots, all from about a month ago-- that got on "flickr Explore". :mrgreen:
(Funny thing is, two of these I debated about uploading because of their quality. I guess I have rather different opinions than a lot of people. ;))

1. (Taken two days ago-- a bit of an old mailbox; colors enhanced in Picasa).
explore1.jpg

2. A very quick snapshot from San Francisco (about two weeks ago) that miraculously turned out remotely OK.
explore2.jpg

3. There's a hill with cows nearby my house-- it's just a little walk to it, and the view (especially at sunset) is spectacular. I've only been there once with my camera, and although I took millions, the only shots that seemed to turn out nicely were my fence shots and my sky shots. I guess animal photography is just not my thing. ;)
explore3.jpg

Comments (and critique) would be greatly appreciated!

the first one has a very nice combination of colours, and looks rather abstract to me :)

#2 looks ok, but I do not like that red .. just personal taste here ;) composition is not perfect but certainly not a snapshot

#3: where are the cows ;)
well, it is nice and green and you play with DOF here ... but the light in the foreground is a bit distracting. (lack of).

oh, BTW, I prefer your iamges without them borders :p

also the white line in your borders varies alot in its distance to the image and outer border ... and your name is not placed well with respect to the black of the border and the image itself.

the first one has a very nice combination of colours, and looks rather abstract to me :)

#2 looks ok, but I do not like that red .. just personal taste here ;) composition is not perfect but certainly not a snapshot

#3: where are the cows ;)
well, it is nice and green and you play with DOF here ... but the light in the foreground is a bit distracting. (lack of).

oh, BTW, I prefer your iamges without them borders :p

also the white line in your borders varies alot in its distance to the image and outer border ... and your name is not placed well with respect to the black of the border and the image itself.

Oh wow, thank you for the critique, Alex. :mrgreen:

#3-- I think my huge, scary, important looking, professional camera scared all the cows away. ;)

I don't really like the borders in these photos either. I do usually prefer images with borders-- but never mine. Then again, it takes quite a while to render the borders in PS on my computer, so I usually use Paint. :p Hence the varied distance of the white line. Maybe I'll take them off... I seriously don't like them very much, but then there's this.

btw, "lack of" was referring to "light" ... I start to wonder how it got so displaced ;)

Nice serie, because each of this picture has a special colour, and the 3 together create a nice combination. I like your taste for colours :sexywink:

My Fav n 3
n1 is nice too
and n2 is too classical for me :D

1 and 3 are fantastic

I love number one. Blue-orange contrast=$.

I want to see a person in number two. Maybne an old lady with groceries.

Number three is my least favorite; the background may be too distracting.

I like your overall work though. Nice job.

I love 1 and 3, 2 is good too, makes me want to sit there.

I think the huge shadow on number 3 works for the photo, not sure why. Im trying to picture it without the shadow and it all lit up - and I see something that is boring. I think it's because the line of the fence leads up to the properly lit background - what the hell do I know though? :)

great work

Most reactions

New Topics

Back