Three of the Same...but Different

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was going through my HDD weeding out unused and rubbish RAW files. I found a set of 7 images I took of Worksbrough Mill which I intended to merge to one image as a panorama/vertorama. So I did it today, and also applied 3 different processings to the image - colour, mono, and HDR.

Any thoughts on the images would be appreciated. i know which is my favourite, but I'd like to hear yours, and your reasons.

Cheers.

29-1-2012 Worsbrough Mill Sunset Verto-Panorama by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

29-1-2012 Worsbrough Mill Sunset Verto-Panorama mono by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

29-1-2012 Worsbrough Mill Sunset Verto-Panorama HDR by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

:)

Can't help you too much because I like all three in their own way.

How many shots in the pano?

Can't help you too much because I like all three in their own way.

How many shots in the pano?

Thanks. I like all three, but I do have a favourite. :)

7 photos in the image. But not just horizontal...think it was 4 along the bottom and 3 up top.

IMHO from a purely visual perspective, the colour is a lovely pic of an old building. The mono is very nostalgic - I'm looking for the carriage and horses, gentlemen in long coats and top hats, women in peticoated shirts and bonnets. The HDR just pops. The spirit of the old building is alive and proud. The moss on the cobblestone and the patina from the water runoff on the left of the picture...Each hand chiseled stone tells it story and the windows glimpse into it's soul.

The clouds however aren't working for me~ they look over worked, and IMHO, detract from this glorious old mill.

IMHO from a purely visual perspective, the colour is a lovely pic of an old building. The mono is very nostalgic - I'm looking for the carriage and horses, gentlemen in long coats and top hats, women in peticoated shirts and bonnets. The HDR just pops. The spirit of the old building is alive and proud. The moss on the cobblestone and the patina from the water runoff on the left of the picture...Each hand chiseled stone tells it story and the windows glimpse into it's soul.

The clouds however aren't working for me~ they look over worked, and IMHO, detract from this glorious old mill.

Ok. I will maybe work on a version with subdued clouds, but with similar processing to the above.

Thanks. :)

Ok. I will maybe work on a version with subdued clouds, but with similar processing to the above.

Thanks. :)

Yeah I was gonna add maybe try to process one in between 1 and 3.

I like all of them...I think my favourite is the first one, though. I think the colours of the building and the sky go together really nicely, which you lose in #2. And #3 is really cool, but it looks almost like a cartoon or painting or something. So I think #1 is the winner. Something in between 1 and 3 would be really cool to see too though, if you do end up doing that.

Which is your favourite?

I like all of them...I think my favourite is the first one, though. I think the colours of the building and the sky go together really nicely, which you lose in #2. And #3 is really cool, but it looks almost like a cartoon or painting or something. So I think #1 is the winner. Something in between 1 and 3 would be really cool to see too though, if you do end up doing that.

Which is your favourite?

Thanks. I actually prefer the mono. But I like mono in general...maybe because I am colour blind. :)

Cheers

The first one is somewhat understated, but the colours are harmonious, the composition is well balanced, and the overall effect is very pleasing. It would be my favourite of the three.

I love the mono version for the textures and shapes, and as Marram says, it really looks like a period piece. However the clouds in that one seem more ominous compared to the way they appear in the first image.

The third image does in fact pop, but it's a little to extreme for my liking. My general feeling is that if I am aware of an effect (HDR in this case), then it's a little bit overdone.

You did a superb job merging the 7 images into this one, as I cannot tell where they join. And for someone who is colour-blind, I am amazed that you were able to adjust the colours we see in #1 so well. All in all, a very, very good effort and result.

The first one is somewhat understated, but the colours are harmonious, the composition is well balanced, and the overall effect is very pleasing. It would be my favourite of the three.

I love the mono version for the textures and shapes, and as Marram says, it really looks like a period piece. However the clouds in that one seem more ominous compared to the way they appear in the first image.

The third image does in fact pop, but it's a little to extreme for my liking. My general feeling is that if I am aware of an effect (HDR in this case), then it's a little bit overdone.

You did a superb job merging the 7 images into this one, as I cannot tell where they join. And for someone who is colour-blind, I am amazed that you were able to adjust the colours we see in #1 so well. All in all, a very, very good effort and result.

Thanks.

I could see that a toned down sky would suit the mono better. :)

As for being colour blind, I don't do too bad. It only occasionally crops up, perhaps when there's a colour cast I can't see so well, or fringing on certain shots that I wouldn't see unless I zoom in so far it's obvious. I have to think ahead sometimes. :)

Most reactions

Back