Three Photos from my Droid Eris

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not the best, but as Chase Jarvis says, "The best camera is the one you have with you":

#1 "Alien Dog"
4939104894_1071874570.jpg

#2 "Lazy"
4939108592_6b9f7de060.jpg

#3 "AgentDrex"
4939115592_62ebc3344d.jpg

One way or the other, I'm going to continue taking photos...even if I don't have that D3S which will make me a "GREAT" photographer...chuckle chuckle guffaw

I like 2! Great PP!

I am compelled to modify Chase's mantra to something like:

"The best camera... is the one you should've brought with you."

Not tryin to put your photos down... just that the guy's over-simplistic philosophy on photography kind of annoys me.

I agree half-halfheartedly, I believe what he is trying to get across is that if you don't have anything with, even a cell with a camera, then you got nothing...

I am obviously the one that says it correctly...its the photographer AND the equipment...not one way or the other...

Maybe a pro has a p&s and takes award winning flower photos but give him a deer across a field and tell him you want a head-shot of the deer, well, pro at that point means nothing (IMHO)...

Obviously you need some composition skills first and foremost...none of the technical stuff matters if there isn't anything worth looking at...

I'd like to have a camera that can do auto-bracketing so I can practice some HDR without going through the steps necessary with this current camera...so that's what I'll be saving for...

In the meantime...I'll go along with his, albiet overly-simplified, advice of always having some sort of camera along with you no matter what it is...

I have to say, I did a couple of double takes on the dog shot! Really like #'s 2 and 3.

Most reactions

Back