Through the trees

kevmet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been checking out these forums for a week or so now and lots of great information. I just purchased a new camera, Canon EOS T1i aka 500D. It has been extreamly cold and snowing the last couple of days so I decided to go on my deck and take a few pictures. I was just shooting and trying different manual settings that have been suggested in some posts. Any way here are a couple pictures, well actually the same one before and after.

before
IMG_1443.jpg

after
throughthetreesafter.jpg

I was trying to take a picture of the branch. When I looked at the pictures I could see buildings. So I tried to work on them.
I am open to suggestions on what could have been done differently to this picture. I wanted to get some green out of the needles but, failed to in post processing.

Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/2500
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 3200
Focal Length 55.0mm
White Balance Mode Cloudy
AF Mode AI Focus AF
Color Space sRGB

they are a bit under exposed, which is what the camera will do unless you tell it otherwise (see how the snow is grey?) when your background is super bright. Try taking a picture of something a little more interesting in similar conditions, bump your EC +1 and check your results.

I just realised this should have been posted in the biginners section. Sorry about that....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back