Tide Pool

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm planning to be at the tide pool, so there will be a lot of splashing water. Should I be concern for my DSLR? Do I need something to cover to keep the water out?

I would avoid an salt water on your body / lenses at all costs. Very corrosive! Even fresh water is not a good idea for splashing...

There are some plastic bags available that will protect your camera from splashes, and still allow you to shoot after a fashion.

Waterproof Camera Bag Case Cover for Canon Nikon Sony DSLR SLR | eBay cheap ones... be very careful...

Amazon.com: DiCAPac WPS10 Waterproof Case for SLR/DSLR Cameras 230 x 270 x 190mm: Camera & Photo better... but I still wouldn't take it underwater...

Amazon.com: OP/TECH USA Rainsleeve - 18-Inch (2-Pack): Camera & Photo Rain sleeves... again, be very careful....

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tripods are pretty sturdy, and a lot easier to clean up. . . hell, even wash down if needed be.

As for the tide pool, I typically think of them as calmer and more away from the breaking waves and outgoing/incoming tide, how close will you actually be? If it is a rough day out, you can certainly anticipate larger sets coming ashore and move accordingly. I would think that a simple "bad weather" bag would suffice for the camera, like the ones linked above. Just be careful and use your head. Also, a good rule of thumb when working around the ocean: Don't turn your back to it.

Tripod... just do a really good fresh water rinse, moving all parts that can move while in the fresh water. And then rinse it again! lol! I have had rustproof stainless knives start showing rust after few dives no matter how well I rinsed them, and oiled them afterwards...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back