Tiger and Bee

cumi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nothing to do with each other...

Tiger shoot in the Zoo (Palic, YU). I was simply happy to get him so sharp. BTW, it was a dangerous shoot, you can not see the fence between him and my hand.:mrgreen:

DSC_0034.jpg

Bee catthed in the outdoor-restaurant of the Nymphenburg-Palast, Munich (Germany).

DSC_0031.jpg

Thansk for looking

Yes, you WERE lucky to get that tiger sharp. I tried to get a good pic of a "tigering" tiger (Cumi will understand ;)) all in vain the last time I was in a zoo (during our holidays), but he was all fenced in and I am too slow to manually meter right with slow shutter speeds (little light!) when a tiger "tigers".

That bee photo is really cool! I like that one A LOT.

LaFoto said:
Yes, you WERE lucky to get that tiger sharp. I tried to get a good pic of a "tigering" tiger (Cumi will understand ;)) all in vain the last time I was in a zoo (during our holidays), but he was all fenced in and I am too slow to manually meter right with slow shutter speeds (little light!) when a tiger "tigers".

Actually I had also quite low light, I had to use a flash (if I remember correctly). I leaned over the first (1m high) fence and I pushed the lens into the hole in the fence and switched to AF-C (continous focus). I couldn't see exactly what I am photographing, because I had to hold the camera far from my eyes and the SRLs doesn't have an LCD viewfinder. I could only see the the central focus point in my optical viewfinder.

The tiger was running the same circle all the time, but when I pushed the lens of my camera through the fence, he left his usual path and continued towards me. I got scared a lot and pulled immedatly my hands (and camera) back. The tiger then continued to run and stayed very cool. I can imagine him thinking: "try this again and I will have your hand for a desert today".

You have to go to Zoo at about 10 am, before these beasts are fed. After a lunch they are sleeping for hours.

For the second photo I also didn't looked through the viewfinder (because I had to hold the camera away from my eyes, to have it nearer to the bee), but pointed again the center focus point (the only I could see ) on the bee. That's why on both photos the actual subject is in the middle of the photo.

Thanks for comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back