Tiger Fight ::and others::

habro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Morning folks, thought I'd throw up some pics taken at Perth Zoo last weekend, my first adventure with my new 70-200 /2.8. Enjoy, and C&C welcome!

3734269379_c898f8fb1d.jpg

3735070222_903cf07e1e.jpg

3734271099_2fe8fccf30.jpg

3735069926_188d5daa3d.jpg

3734269133_b7c823ebd7.jpg

I love how you made the tigers Soft, usually I dislike the softening like that but it really works for these, adds that Dreamy effect

Others can ooh and ahhhh over the tigers..... I'll ooohh and ahhhh over the hyena. Killer expression on him/her. Love it.

Thanks all! Yeah I like the soft effect on the tigers too, though I tend to sometimes overdo it!

Leighthal, a lot of others feel the same way too! I love tigers the most but the hyena was really intense

The expression on the hyena is slick. I keep wanting to crop it, but I don't see how you could.

The expression on the face of the tiger just before him looks almost pitiful, which is really also very slick.

Nicely done overall. Nice colors.

These are fantastic! What kind of camera, lens, settings?

Hmm I do need to put my gear in my signature. K20D w/ Sigma 70-200mm /2.8

As for settings, the tigers I know were shot wide open at 1600 ISO [the pics are surprisingly very sharp, only the PP makes it soft] and the others would have been around f/3.5 @ 800 ISO [I know, very high ISO but I'm still getting used to the extra speed of the 2.8 & give me speed over noise any day at the zoo!]

& thanks manaheim, I took about 20 or so shots of each and those two frames in particular caught my eye

These photos are shiny. Nice contrast, colour. Mmmm.

Fr the hyena, what about a square crop? Drop that fluff on the left and right and get in close to the face?

Was the Hyena taken through glass or bars? You had to be pretty close even with the 200mm you got.

For the hyena, what about a square crop?

Good thinking, I'll have to play around with that idea

Was the Hyena taken through glass or bars?

Neither, it's like a little lookout that's on eye level with them [with a small cliff-face inbetween], she came sprinting up to me from the back when I got there & just stared for ages

Those are really nice photos.

The hyena's look is worth a million $ but my favorite is #2. I just feel like scratching this little purring cat's head :lol:

I get the impression that this must be a very nice zoo. Is it?

I get the impression that this must be a very nice zoo. Is it?

It is quite nice & scenic. A lot of people come over from the Eastern States & say how great it is, but I'm so used to it now after 100+ visits that I'm really keen to see other zoos in Australia!

I like them all. Nice catch with number 1. For meat eaters 2 and 3 make them look really sweet. The hyena needs a caption :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back