Tiger Lily

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As can be noted, I am new to the forum, and new to digital photography in general, and I am hoping for some critiquing on this photograph. (Was previously using a 1971 (?) Pentax, so the digital world is entirely new)
Camera: Canon Rebel XT
Exposure Time: 1/500
Aperture Number: 5.6

Now looking at the image, I would have included the shadow on the rock, as well as the lily, and also not 'crop' the image so close at the bottom.
My first question is how to avoid the shadow on the petals, but not 'lesson' the effect of the shadow on the rock?
Flowers016.jpg

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! I think you've already done a job good provide yourself a critique on the technical aspects of the shot. The color are rich and came out nice. I'm not sure on how you would get rid of the shadow other than using a fill flash and put it off a foot or so to the right and angle it so it wouldn't hit the rock but I'm not sure if you have the equipment for that. You might want to try a smaller aperature (f/8, f/11) to increase the depth of field and bring the rock a little more into focus, but still its a nice shot.

Thank you very much for the reply!

I know that this hasn't been up to long, but the more suggestions the better so *bump*. Thank again everyond :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back