Tiger Tiger

Tigers tend to REALLY hate flashes. Trust me on this one.

This post made me LOL LOL LOL as I began to picture what prompted the emphatic statement....

all sorts of funny possibilities popped into mind.

I'll keep that in mind - especially as when shooting Suzy I'm very close to the cage - if not touching it.

I agree marea. If the tiger is happy with her life, is getting good nutritional and mental nourishment (as much as humanly possible), then by all means, let him keep her. I am largely against keeping critically endangered animals (I think that is what shed be categorized under) as pets, but I think this is a special case that needs special attention. I look forward to seeing more pictures of her and Id like to see a photo of her new home also (pen) if thats possible. Very interesting cae to me. Beautiful animal. As long as hes not keeping her just to show her off and he genuinely cares for her, great.

Mark

Hi Mark,

This photo best illustrates (although not completely) the tiger's pen - it has two divisions in it (so that the pen can be cleaned while the tiger is lured to one half or the other and then the dividing wall closed. There is a small den-type house and a pond along with some climbing trees and toys. The owner wants to build a bigger pen but that all costs lots of money because Tigers like to dig and thus there has to be very deep cement to avoid escape.

Don't mind me running along the fence playing with the Tiger (taken by my friend).

3210676083_b7d7557fb9_o.jpg

I haven't read the entire thread, but wanted to say that even though you have a few really nice opportunities to shoot the tiger, the shots with the fence so prominent is lacklustre to say the least. No offense intended.

I haven't read the entire thread, but wanted to say that even though you have a few really nice opportunities to shoot the tiger, the shots with the fence so prominent is lacklustre to say the least. No offense intended.

None taken at all. I wish the fence wasn't in any of the shots (but in a way - my safety is thankful ha ha ha)... The very last photo (which I don't like as far as a 'photograph' goes) - I posted because someone asked what Suzy's enclosure was like and that photo illustrated the layout of her pen the best.

Lovely kitty.

PLEASE remember that this cat is so much faster than you are, and never, EVER let him get you where there isn't a cage between you and him. Tigers, no matter how tame and gentle they appear, can NEVER be trusted.

Lovely kitty.

PLEASE remember that this cat is so much faster than you are, and never, EVER let him get you where there isn't a cage between you and him. Tigers, no matter how tame and gentle they appear, can NEVER be trusted.

I totally agree...

You can see her hunting instincts come out when you even just turn your back to her. She slinks low to the ground and within seconds is at that side of the enclosure. It made my heart pound and my palms wet actually - just as her hunter's instinct took over my urge to run came in full force!

Her predatory skills and fierce side always always shine through the sweet 'kitten like' moments.

I'd never in a million years try get close to her. Nope - I value my life too much!

Beautiful shots of an awesome cat!!! However the fact she is caged and a pet, well I personally find that an natural. This animal belongs in he wild! My opinion only!!

Excellent shots regardless!!

Beautiful shots of an awesome cat!!! However the fact she is caged and a pet, well I personally find that an natural. This animal belongs in he wild! My opinion only!!

Excellent shots regardless!!

I totally agree EricD, I feel bad when I see her in her cage, so much so that it brings tears to my eyes - however - her only alternative was to be sold for meat and fur at the time (no zoos will take her due to the fact that she's a mix breed of Bengal and Siberian). Thus I guess I can see some silver lining to her being in the current situation she is in. It is much better than the alternative.

Hi Marea, I'm guessing your friend has done some considerable research in finding another home for Suzy (if it becomes necessary). When I was reading this it reminded me of a big cat sanctuary in Indiana. I really don't know much about them, but I figured that they might be another possibility if he ever has to get rid of her.

Great Cats of Indiana Sanctuary & Rescue Facility for Big Cats

Love the pictures, by the way, it must be amazing to be able to be so close to an animal like that.

-robin

Most reactions

Back