Tiger's Looking At You. Comments, Critiques and Criticisms Welcome and Appreciated

Zev Steinhardt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zevsteinhardt.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this shot at the Bronx Zoo:

(Canon XSi, 75-300mm lens at 300mm, f/5.6, 1/400, ISO 400)

I didn't have a lot of time to set up this shot as there was a large crowd of people waiting to see the tigers and I didn't know how long he (?) would continue to be looking right at me.

Thanks in advance for your criticisms and comments.

Zev Steinhardt

Really like the colours in this!
I would maybe shave a little off the top just to raise the cat in the profile of the photo - but otherwise a good capture.

Sunlight is a little strong and giving a hard shadow over the tops of the eyes - sadly that is a tricky thing with cats and also with the lighting at zoos (as often you are shooting during the middle parts of the day). You can fix this with a low held flash to put just a tiny but of fill light up into the scene (I say a little because you only want a tiny bit of fill, not to change the direction of the primary lighting).

I really like your composition. The quarter body shot really works. Now lets talk about the Big Cat's stare. Seems to me he's thinking lunch. :greenpbl: :lol:

Nice sharp image - colours are great and you got the detail in the whiskers as well. He is definitely watching you - probably don't want know what he is thinking - thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

Back