Tight fitting lens

Arch

Damn You!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone have any probs with tight fitting lenses?....i got a 50mm 1.8 for my D50 a few weeks ago, and when you put it on its a bit of a struggle. Starts getting real tight way before the 'click' sound of the attachment. Only worrying side effects at the moment is like yesterday when i took it off to swap it for another lens, the other lens goes on nice and easy but the autofocus was temporarily knocked out?....i had to take that lens off again and reattach it...then it worked ok. This is the second or third time its done this....... do you think the 50mm is damaging the connector pins?....does anyone else have a tight fitting lens?...... all comments welcome.

Sounds like there may be a slight intolerance on the mount of the 50. I'd try another one and see if you have the same issue. If you do, then maybe try swapping it for another one.

Rob

Yea trouble is i bought it online........suppose i could see if my local shop has one in stock and then ask if i could try it on my camera....just to see what happens. Thanks anyway :D

Yeah, sounds like a plan. With older Nikons, sometimes they would be really stiff if the aperture was not set at the right amount to take the lens on and off. It might be worth checking that you're doing it by the book - perhaps have another look at the section in the manual about it.

Rob

I bought another body, and found a prime lens that I was going to use was a bit hard to get on. It was'nt as hard as you descibe. I thought that it might be the mount itself, since it was a "good deal" on the auction site. I put another lens on and that one was OK. It turned out that there was just a very slight burr where the lens mount attached to the lens body itself, there are 4 screws attaching it. It felt like the screw heads and were slightly protruding above the surface. After making sure the screws were in fact tight, I took a fine polishing stone, and knocked down the burr, also touching up the bayonet mount itself ( Nikkor ) It is fine now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back