Tiki sunrise

Arkanjel Imaging

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken at Sandy Hook restaurant on Pine Island, FL. I drive past this location frequently and have been wanting to shoot it for a long time. Finally had the time and weather to give it a run this morning.

ISO 200 f18@1/250 +1 ev + strobe

Tiki-sunrise by Simon Rivers Photography, on Flickr

The extremely crooked horizon is vary distracting.

That and the extreme halo around the piling. Usually when tilting the horizon you want to do so with some sort of purpose.

I have several with a perfect horizon and slanted tiki. I don't like them as much.

Photography is subjective...it was just our opinion on it.

^^ Ya. I found that my vision was too drawn to the sunrise in the horizontal images. The frame wasn't weighted as evenly either.

I learned this: the horizon would be an issue for some- so I asked why was it shot- THE TIKI MUST BE ANGLED AND THE SHOOTER WANTS TO SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE- i read the halo around the tiki was questioned- THE SHOOT WANTED THE FOREGROUND FACE VISABLE- I earned here to negative flash or rotate it away from the tiki because the white of the face may produce the halo- BUT THIS MAY BE THE SHOOTERS INENTION TO MAKE THE TIKI MORE SPIRITUAL- ----you helped me learn and put it on the line knowing the controversial nature- that's what I learned the most - be daring- thank your great shot! K.w.

I dont mind that the horizon is on an angle, whats bothering me about this shot is that the tiki looks like its bent and leaning forward. I think the shot is really nice and the sunrise looks great.

The tiki IS leaning forward quite a bit. Its been in the water for at least 30 years so its all kinds of off-cant. I really wanted to accent that perspective. I knew the horizon would irk some.

The extremely crooked horizon is vary distracting.

That and the extreme halo around the piling. Usually when tilting the horizon you want to do so with some sort of purpose.

Gentlemen; he did do that on purpose.

Just because it was done on purpose does not mean that it works for an image.

Photography is subjective

Exactly. I actually think the tiki looses some personality by making him straight.

Most reactions

Back