Tilt & Shift effect in Photoshop

colintinto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have any guides to creating a Tilt & Shift effect in Photoshop? I got as far as finding out about Transform->Perspective, but I've got no idea what to do with it from then on. Anything I try just looks odd.

Colin

Hmm, will have a look at that.

What I was trying to achieve is to fix the perspective. I had taken some pictures of buildings, but since I don't have a Tilt & Shift lens, and I was quite close to the buildings, the perspective is all wrong, and it looks like they are falling over backwards.

After posting I played around a bit more and did manage to get it to sort of look OK. Just wondering if there was a better way.

Colin

I think a tilt & shift lens does about the same thing as the perspective transform in photoshop. To use it, just grab on one of the corners and drag it around until you figure out how to get the result you want. However, if you have other objects in the shot or if there are distinct features of the building that give away the fact that you were shooting from a low perspective (like objects that hang out from the building), then it probably will never look quite right when you adjust the perspective, since the objects will be showing that you shot from a low perspective while the non-converging lines in the shot will try to make it look like you were shooting from straight-on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back